Favorite Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Quotes

Has there ever been a topic just for posting and discussing our favorite quotes from the books? There are lots of good ones...
    And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
    Fell from the sky like rain
    Upon my soul; which, watered well,
    Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
    Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

"Personaly, I felt sorry for Vader" - Nita
    Or something like that, I haven't read it in a while.

JEDI
    Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the Universe together

Comment

On two of the forums i'm an admin on...but i'm not sure if there's one here. *whacks head for not thinking of it* oh well...usually i'm borrowing post ideas from here for other forums, not the other way around. :P don't have nay good ones at the moment, so i'll have to get back to you...
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Lesse...
        "There's friends, and there's family, but friends are the only family you can choose" -dunno who

"A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." -Eleanor Roosevelt
        -----------------------------------------------------------------
        Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

My fav hands down

"Ms. Callahan, your cat just went up the chimney." -Kit
          ---------------------------
          I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

I finally have one...I probably have some others to dig up, and i'll get to taht later, but for now, let this sufice...
            "when you've turned someone's life upside down, killed their husband, ordered them to marry an enemy prince and told them to risk their life by announcing the fact to the entire world, please don't tell them you don't know what you're doing. It's very unsettling."
            Harshini, by jennifer fallon. it was said by princess adrina to the r'shiel...probably my favorite line in the book.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

from Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy:
              " 'But,' says Man, 'the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't."
              " 'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

pg.42 from the book...cause not many books say God vanishes in a puff of logic.
              Just my luck, they ran out of cookies again!

I have a demon cat that was spawned from Satan.

Comment

Ok, I meant quotes from the Young Wizards books, but those are good too!
                And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
                Fell from the sky like rain
                Upon my soul; which, watered well,
                Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
                Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

i remember the babble fish theory! the book also says i know everything though...it's an obscure line but it's there... "kevin being any entity who knows nothing about nothing* so i must no eveything about everyhthing! simple as that...

Comment

Hmm, well, one of my favorites is the one in my sig, where Roshaun is asking Dairine what she would wear to meet her leaders....

umm, one I think is really good is in the beginning of SYWTBAW, where Nita is talking about...oh, I don't know her name, the girl that beats her up, and this is what Fred says:

"But she only changes your outsides. Aren't your insides still the same afterward?"

There's lots more, but I'll leave you with this great one: "I think I'll go ennoble some waffles..." :P
                    "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

I can't think of one off the top of my head, since I REALLY need to re-read the books. (and hopefully come to own a few so I can consume them whenever. ) But here's an un-related quote/adage/proverb thingy that everyone knows and that I love to pieces; "curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back!" I have complete and utter faith in that one. See, look, it's the satisfied smiley. XD

-peri

Comment

"Reading one book is like eating one potato chip." said by Mrs. Lesser in SYWTBAW. I had another one from WH, something about milk, but I forgot it.
                        ~~~~Dani~~~~

Comment

I have a couple. My favorite is from WAW so i cant say it yet. But yeah. Some others?

"Faeries arent real. Only crazy old Mr. Fogarty believes in them!" said Henry.

Thats from "Faerie Wars". Last name of the author Brennan or something like that.
                          Ursula K Le Guin, also has some of my favorites. But, im not bothered enough to go down and get the books. Ha.

Ta
                          Love and be loved

Comment

My Qwots are the only wise... like -

"I like Fudge" and "Let me Clip my toenail"

Se the wizeness!

Comment

There are a few:

'The Powers are the manufacturers, and we know every whir and sound it makes, and where to kick it to make it start.'-Carl

'The moon is definatly no dream. I mean when we went there... OW!' Roshaun said as Diarine elbowed him in the side.

Or something like that, I don't have the book in front of me. Those are my faves.
                              ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
                              Yes I'm a witch, deal with it! So mote it be! My other car is a broom. Blessed Be! A.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X