• Show
Clear All

• Wjen does the digest cover come out?

yeah, when does it come out?
    please help me!

yeah, when does it come out?
    please help me!

Comment

Um. Brennick. Gryph has already warned you about short posts and that and we shouldn't need to tell you too often. More posts = more $$ for DD, and we try not to do that.

More on topic:

The digest covers are already out. I have seen them here (in Australia) and so you would be able to get them (assuming that you're pretty much anywhere else _except_ here)

Alla

Comment

ohkay. i'm sorry dd!! how do you specify a short post(so i know not to less.)? appearently you're telling me that posting short ones is like doing magic, except at DD's cost, right?
        the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th digest covers <STRIKE>are</STRIKE> out? yaaaaayyy!! because i just bought book one and two(here i n the us), and wanted to know about three, five, and seven.
        thanx!

Me

P.S. where can i get a friend in the forums?

P.P.S. it doesn't seem like many people come here, how many are there?

i'm really hoping that this wasn't a short post!

Comment

It's ok. I had trouble with Gryph in the begining too. There are A LOT of people on the forums, you just dont see all of them at once. it wasnt a short post. I am a girl.
          Dai stiho cousins
          ~~~Ezra

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizardsrreal:
            It's ok. I had trouble with Gryph in the begining too. There are A LOT of people on the forums, you just dont see all of them at once. it wasnt a short post. I am a girl. </div>[quote]
            thanx ezra! soi'm hoping that i'll get used to this forum. is there a information topic?
            how come i can post and can't post on some topics?
            thanx!!

Comment

Information topics would be found in the Newbie Zone forum. The Board FAQ done by Kli6 is the most helpful, at least more than Newbie Ultima, which got kind of injoke-ridden.

We've told you why you can't post in some topics before: it's either because the permissions are off for that forum, like the Random Thoughts from the Author forum, or because it's been archived because of people not posting in it for a certain amount of time, which I've forgotten again.

The Topic of Great Randomness is a good place to post to generally get to know people. After you've been here for a bit, you'll fit right in. Everyone's friends here, so don't worry.

At the bottom of the main forum page, it says there are 1018 members, but not everyone comes on. It's a relatively small forum, compared to some, and there won't always be people on. That might be why it doesn't seem like a lot, but even if members aren't active that doesn't mean they won't post occasionally.

Anyway, Welcome again! and I hope you'll have fun here.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wildflower44:
                Information topics would be found in the Newbie Zone forum. The Board FAQ done by Kli6 is the most helpful, at least more than Newbie Ultima, which got kind of injoke-ridden.

We've told you why you can't post in some topics before: it's either because the permissions are off for that forum, like the Random Thoughts from the Author forum, or because it's been archived because of people not posting in it for a certain amount of time, which I've forgotten again.

The Topic of Great Randomness is a good place to post to generally get to know people. After you've been here for a bit, you'll fit right in. Everyone's friends here, so don't worry.

At the bottom of the main forum page, it says there are 1018 members, but not everyone comes on. It's a relatively small forum, compared to some, and there won't always be people on. That might be why it doesn't seem like a lot, but even if members aren't active that doesn't mean they won't post occasionally.

Anyway, Welcome again! and I hope you'll have fun here. </div>[quote]
                thank you for the help, but some people -coughs(gryphon)- were extremely mean to me for not knowing that it costs DD money for me to post. so i am no longer going to particapate in this forum, because there are meaner people here than in my other forum.
                thank you.

hoping this last post isn't to short,
                Brennick

Comment

I am really confused will some one please explain to me what is going on.

I need an advice
                  (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
                  "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

Brennick, sorry to hear that you feel you have to leave, and I hope someday you'll feel like coming back. We really aren't trying to be mean to you, we're just trying to explain the rules around here. If there's a way we can help you feel more comfortable here, let us know! As for the measure of a short post, essentially if it's only one (1) line, then it's probably too short. So far, from what I've seen, you've been doing just fine.

As for how to get a friend here? Keep posting. And the number of members of the board is displayed on the front page, at the bottom. Currently it's about a thousand registered users.

Carl, if you're talking about what's going on above, essentially, we've had a lot of people who joined the board recently, who don't realize that this board has a few rules most other boards don't. Most of these rules are in place because Diane Duane (not her publisher) pays for these boards herself, and if you can conserve bandwidth (and thus her money), it would be appreciated. We're not trying to discourage anyone from posting!! Just to post without wasting bandwidth, if they can.

Also, for the oldbies out there pouncing on the newbies, guys, it's much appreciated, but give 'em a break, ok? It's a lot of information to try and take in all at once, and you don't know how old this person is, or if they're writing in a second language, etc. And above all, remain polite! Remember, there's no excuse for being rude, even to the Lone One.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WRR:
                      It's ok. I had trouble with Gryph in the begining too. There are A LOT of people on the forums, you just dont see all of them at once. it wasnt a short post. I am a girl. </div>[quote]
                      *huggles* You're doing good now.

Ahhh, the newbies hate me!

Brennick, once you get to know the members, everyone will start to be like a friend. ToGR!

Kli, I've only had two newbies that I've really exploded at, and that was because they weren't following the rules after being told (literally) over ten times by different members.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Gryph, I know it's REALLY hard, but just try not to explode. We know you're being good natured about it, but the newbies don't. Remember, you NEVER know what the person's circs are. They could be REALLY young, they could have Tourette's (in which case, we'd probably make an exception on one-liners), not be a native English speaker, or be dyslexic (and wouldn't you feel stupid lecturing someone about spelling errors, then? Trust me, I would. Like that time I told a friend to stand straight and only then found out he had scoliosis).

As for being told over ten times by different members, I'm sure that happened, but some folks need a bit of time and space and practice to orient themselves. Like me. Remember me trying to get used to being a mod and deleting Lovey's post? I'm one of those folks that generally only learns by making mistakes, first, no matter how much I read the Manual.

The main rule of netiquette is "Remember the Human." Treat everybody as you would in real life, face-to-face. You don't go and yell at strangers coming up to you who say, "Hi. Wanna talk about the YW books?" You shouldn't do that here, either.

And I'm just as guilty of yelling (sigh). Thankfully, Cress was there to defend Brennick. Learning netiquette is a never-ending thang.
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gryphon:
                          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WRR:
                          *huggles* You're doing good now.

Ahhh, the newbies hate me!

Brennick, once you get to know the members, everyone will start to be like a friend. ToGR!

Kli, I've only had two newbies that I've really exploded at, and that was because they weren't following the rules after being told (literally) over ten times by different members. </div>[quote]

WHAT DON'T YOU GET?!?! I posted short posts, BEFORE, you told me to post short!!! I didn't know! You told me, I said alright and that was that.
                          Then, you came across the other topic I had started BEFORE you told me. You got all mad, and I said this exact thing, then.

I'm don't see the point in even coming here.

To Kli6-
                          Thanks for the encouragement(ithysi?), and like I said in a different topic, I'll probably just be a lurker. SO I DON'T COST DD ANYMORE MONEY!!!!!!!

Me

Comment

Brennick, the please-try-not-to-scream thing goes for EVERYBODY on this board. Remember how you asked how to make friends here? This isn't it. Yes, Gryph screamed at you and she shouldn't have. But now you've screamed at her, and well, two wrongs don't make a right.

And lurking for a while before posting is always a good policy when you join a new board. It gives you a bit more time to get your bearings.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kli6:
                              Brennick, the please-try-not-to-scream thing goes for EVERYBODY on this board. Remember how you asked how to make friends here? This isn't it. Yes, Gryph screamed at you and she shouldn't have. But now you've screamed at her, and well, two wrongs don't make a right.

And lurking for a while before posting is always a good policy when you join a new board. It gives you a bit more time to get your bearings. </div>[quote]

I'm sorry. I'll stop. I was yelling at Gryph, not you Kli6. Gryph, I'm sorry for acting dumb. I'll stop.
                              Thanks for the help!
                              My apoligees, everyone goodbye.

Me

Comment

Working...
                              X