The books: the best of the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The books: the best of the best

i think deep wizardry is probably the best of the best in the series (and they are all the best)i think its symbolic of the price paid for wizardry that she is almost 'condemed' so to speak to pay for the blank check spell. it really makes you think about the price of the power. any one agree? please post...

peace,
    becca
    ~*~

I agree. Not all power is good..... Power in the wrong hands is not good at all....

The Oath I took,
    The Oath I abide by,
    The Oath, my guide,
    To make myself better.
    ~Wizards, the 8th wonder of the world.

~The Last Cyber Unicorn, yeah that's me.

Comment

yeah, deep is definintly high up in my favorites for YW. it showed that nita and kit weren't invincible, and they could very easily die. and yeah, i agree with your power comment becca

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
      Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

I hadn't thought of that but I definatly agree.

~Hifun55~
        "So," Harry said, "so does that mean that... that one of us has to kill the other one... in the end?" -HP year 5
        ~Sam (Hifun55)~
        Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
        HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
        My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

It is very good...but there's so much pain! Of the whole series it's the one that had me with stomach cramps for days...or day, can't remember.

Much like reading 'It' without getting spooked by every movement in the sewers.

----

Magic Butter, better than normal on your toast.

Comment

This is my favorite book! I love the ocean. I picked my avatar because it has some of the ocean in it. I also love moons, though. I can't wait to read the next books!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Dolphin Lover=arteangel=Dolhin Lover #1
            "The moon may change hope if you give the faith."
            - arteangel

"The presence of a dolphin is the presence of a miracle."
            - arteangel

If you need help with anything regarding dolphins, the moon, or mythology, give me a buzz through a privat

Comment

I did this book for a book project last year, Diane Duane is one of my favorite authors, that's why.(it was really an author project.) I finished it in like definitely less than a month, I love it!

#1 Dolphin Lover=arteangel=Dolhin Lover #1
              "The moon may change hope if you give the faith."
              - arteangel

"The presence of a dolphin is the presence of a miracle."
              - arteangel

If you need help with anything regarding dolphins, the moon, or mythology, give me a buzz through a privat

Comment

it isn't my favorite, but it's one of my favs. i loved it! and the book makes me cry so much. When Nita realizes that she won't be able to say goodbye before the Song, I start to cry. Even though I know she wil be ok. And when she is talking to Carl. I cry so hard there.
                I am me and I am unique.
                Gods all bless,
                Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

Comment

It's my favourite of all the books. I like it that it is darker - it seems more grown up than some of the other books. I read it at a time of real sadness in my own life and found it somehow comforting.

Comment

I think my favorites of the series are the first three and A Wizard Alone. They're all good, but these are the best in my opinion. I agree with the earlier comment about Nita and Kit not being invincible. They're just as mortal as their nonwizard friends and families.

There ARE unicorn wizards you know!
                    ~Wizards, the 8th wonder of the world.

~The Last Cyber Unicorn, yeah that's me.

Comment

Deep Wizardry is definitely my favorite in the series so far...and that's really hard to say. I love them all so much!

But I really love whales. Actually, I think the real reason I like DW best is because of Ed'Rashtekaresket, one of my favorite characters in any book. He's so aloof and unfeeling and yet he invokes some of the strongest emotions I've ever felt for a character. His conversation with Nita during the Foregathering Song, in particular, is one of my favorite parts of the book.

And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
                      Fell from the sky like rain
                      Upon my soul; which, watered well,
                      Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
                      Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones, from Song in the Silence by Elizabeth Kerner
                      And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
                      Fell from the sky like rain
                      Upon my soul; which, watered well,
                      Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
                      Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

I agree with all of you, espicially with the thing about Ed. also, you know that verse from the Song 'too young to love as yet, but old enough to die, indeed' (or something like that) it seemed kinda...I dunno...haunting.

***ally***
                        Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.
                        and yes...I am slightly (hehe) crazy
                        ***ally***
                        Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.

Comment

I love DW, AWAbroad, AWD, and AWH!

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
                          Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
                          Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
                          Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.
                          Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl
                          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I think Holiday was the best, becauase whilst we had fun seeing how Kit and Nira coped with paradise (which I think reveals a lot about how humans in general always seem to want more than they have); we also saw a lot more of Dariaine than before.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                            "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

oh yes, I also like Holiday and Dilemma. Filif rules!!! *must be the berries...*
                              I think its kinda cool to see how DD has coped with stuff being different because of how much time has past since she wrote the first books, but it was only like 2 years in the books. (Spot upgrades, etc)

***ally***
                              ***ally***

Comment

Working...
                              X