Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me... (Star Wars references in YW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me... (Star Wars references in YW)

I mean, I seriously did.
    "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
    "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

What Star Wars refrences are you talking about?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Come on. Dari wants to be a Jedi Knight! And fight Darth Vader! ^_____^
      "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Wait... what are you guys talking about?? Where'd Star Wars come in??!!!
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

Psst. M. The page on the main Forum page says:
          High Wizardry

Or how finding Darth Vader may be the least of your worries.
          I think it even mentions in the first book that all Dairine wanted to be was a Jedi Knight. And in HW, she says to spot something along the lines of "Let's Go find Darth Vader."
          http://superdrea.net/

Comment

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAYYYYY! Now I know what yall are talking about.
            **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Oh! I get it now..... heh heh. sorry. Yeah, I think she says "Darth Vader, here I come" or something. hee hee, and she has yoda pajamas.... *laugh*
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

Everybody on this site should buy Yoda pajamas. I wonder if DD has yoda pajamas, (Please don't answer that DD.) I have happy bunny pajamas! (Okay where's the TOGR when I need it!!!)
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I don't have any pajamas with print's on them. Those Happy Bunny pjamas sound good, though!
                  **Neets**

Comment

This will surprise absolutely nobody, but I actually do have a set of "yummy sushi pyjamas," as seen on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Grin. (Yes, let's hijack another thread!)

Ok, back to the subject. Yes, I loved the Star Wars references, too. The first time I heard about the book (DD hadn't written it yet, she was just telling us fans about it at a signing), the thing she mentioned about the story was Dairine wanting to go and kick Darth Vader's butt...

Of course, I loved all the computer references, too. And the Dr. Who reference. And...
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

...the references to the magazines. That made me think. All those magazines are brightly colored. But I don't mind them though. I just don't like magazines like J-14 that look like a 11 year old glued cut outs of celebrities on the cover.
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

What Dr. Who refrences? Who is Dr. Who?
                        **Neets**

Comment

There's a trend developing here .

I just summarised Doctor Who badly in the Bananas topic, so I won't do it again. I'll add the fact that the BBC are going to start making the series again, though - I forgot to mention that in that other post.

I don't remember any Doctor Who references in High Wizardry, either . Must be time to read it again.
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

The Fifth Doctor made an appearance in High Wizardry when Dairine was running from the BEMs and ducked into a bar remarkably like the Mos Eisley cantina. She met another human in there who helped her get somewhere where she could get out of the Crossings. The human was the Fifth Doctor from Dr. Who.

Comment

D'oh!
                              What else can I say? Looking at the description now, it's so obvious. Maybe I'll change my avatar to be blushing at not realising...

And the bar's so obvious now, too. I must only have been paying attention to what Dairine was doing, not everyone else around, and the "around" where they all were.
                              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X