hurricane heading for long island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurricane heading for long island

Nita and Kit live on Long Island. The beach house at Tiana Beach is on Long Island. Let's hope they can weather it!

Bob

Aye, DD posted this a day or two back. Here's hoping it's not as bad as is being predicted...
    -- Rick.

Comment

It was in fact, not as bad as was being predicted. NYC has a bunch of flooding - varies from mudslides and the subway being completely not able to run because of that much water, to not bad at all.

I don't know what long island was like, haven't been in contact with people from Long Island about how the storm was for them.

Up here in Massachusetts, we got a lot of water, solidly got wind, but a lot fewer power outages than we expected - personally I was completely unable to sleep last night from the changes in pressure and volume of the storm, but we didn't lose power or internet. My parents lost internet but not power.

I don't know a lot about how Irene faired farther south, but in the north it turned out to be in our favor and start falling apart and lost the eye much sooner than they expected it to.

What I can say about Long Island at the moment is that its probably very wet. I have no idea what the fact that they're all coast did to them - it probably did a noticeable amount, but it at least wasn't as bad as was predicted.
      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Wasn't bad for NYC, but Vermont, NH, and a lot of NJ got hit pretty hard. Town centers flooded, covered bridges being swept away, pretty wide-scale devastation in places.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Working...
        X