Spot after Dairine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot after Dairine

I was thinking about this unusual symbiotic relationship. In every other case we have seen, the manual for the characters is inanimate and passive until the wizard needs to use it. In Dairine's case, Spot is alive. Although rarely, he has talked with others, but is connected to Dairine as all manuals are.

So what happens after Dairine dies? Everyone else has their manual go with them, or at least revert to its base form (book manuals just revert to normal looking books, an iPod loses its manual functions, etc). But what about Spot? How interconnected are they?

Bob

I think that it's not actually the manual in Spot that's interacting with Dairine, it's Spot himself. Spot's just the carrier for the manual, not actually the manual. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So after Dairine dies, I'm guessing that the manual function would stop working, but Spot himself wouldn't.

Bobo (the peridexis) and his mind-link with Nita is pretty odd, though. There's plenty of casual interaction throughout AWoM, but when you think about it, we don't really know that much about him and what he is, exactly.

Comment

Working...
    X