Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Wizards?

Random thought that's been on my mind for a while:

So we have cat wizards... and whale and dolphin wizards... but why no horse wizards?

Horses are definitely intelligent and conscious at least to some extent (however we want to define consciousness; whole other issue there), so that's not a limiting factor as I see it. There are no dog wizards (yet!) because they delayed their Choice in order to help humans as a species instead of growing more on their own-- is it possible horses did a similar thing?

This question may have no answer but I think it's interesting anyway.
    ~*~
    ...to have been this once, completely, even if only once: to have been at one with the earth, seems beyond undoing.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, The Ninth Elegy

The issue of which species have members who are wizards is indeed a fascinating one: From DD's remarks in the Errantry Concordance, it appears that the deciding factor is whether a species has achieved eclesis, and this does not occur as frequently in prey animals as it does in predators. Thus, it seems likely that horses may not have achieved eclesis, though I too find the possibility of horse wizards to be quite attractive. (I originally made some brief speculation about horse wizards about a year ago in response to a query by SilveredBlue: My response is here, and is followed by SilveredBlue's reply.)
    Last edited by Nathan; March 3, 2013, 07:37:57 PM. Reason: Fixing links
    Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

Working...
    X