You know what would be really cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what would be really cool?

In my drama class last quarter I did a monologue of the Silent Song and the people in my class liked it. Then it got me thinking, there should be a play of the Song of the Twelve. If anyone else agrees with me what famous person or character(TV Show/Book/Movie/etc.) should play which part?
    ~Wizards, the 8th wonder of the world.

~The Last Cyber Unicorn, yeah that's me.

Well, if we're allowed to pick characters, Nita should play Nita, Kit should play Kit, Carmela should...

*ducks rotten eggs*

no, no, I'm serious.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Well, it's a neat idea, but as for who should get the parts...I couldn't say. I guess if you could count people from books, then by all means, the originals are best.
      And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
      Fell from the sky like rain
      Upon my soul; which, watered well,
      Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
      Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

Why are you dodgeing eggs Tui? I agree! But Moonsong, that's a REALLY good idea, I've thought about it but never for very long... I have a short attention span.
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

*grins* We know...

*ducks rotten eggs* Kidding! Kidding!

It's a good idea--only if it were to ever really happen, you'd need some pretty talented actors, because The Song of the Twelve is beautiful, mournful, and requires a lot a LOT of feeling. But it's a good idea.
          *Ella*
          "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
          There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
          And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
          What could mean more than this?"
          --Bright Eyes

Comment

Thankies for the praise guys. Birdhead: If we're doing opposites for the parts wouldn't it end up something like S'ree would play Ed and Ed would play S'ree?
            ~Wizards, the 8th wonder of the world.

~The Last Cyber Unicorn, yeah that's me.

Comment

i think that if there were going to be a movie it should be a cartoon!
              If it wasn't, the whales would be hard to get to look good doing their parts.Like in the scene where all the whales are gatherd, it would be VERY hard to get that many live whales, and digital whales and puppets just look fake.
              (\__/)
              (+'.'+)I guess I'm helping bunny
              (")_(")

Comment

The only problem with cartoons is sometimes the artists dont do a good job. if it was a cartoon, it would have to be like Finding Nemo, all computerised.
                "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
                "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                "If you are out to describe

Comment

No, it would have to be like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. That was good CG. YW wouldn't look good in Toy Story format...

Comment

and digital whales and puppets just look fake.
                    Well, I agree on principle that live action is better than fake. But I can disagree in specifics: I don't know if you saw Whale Rider, but they have a lot of whales in that, and if I recall correctly they didn't use a single like whale in filming. They managed pretty well, I thouhgt...
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

And the last Free Willy film was, I'm pretty sure, filmed using a mech whale....

...I agree that YW isn't cut out to be Finding Nemo-style cg... I mean, can you imagine the Lone Power looking like Evil Woody....?

...although, wait. He doesn't appear in this book in his human form, does he? Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rysade:
                        No, it would have to be like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. That was good CG. YW wouldn't look good in Toy Story format...
                        How about Dreamworks' Shrek? Characters like the princess weren't bad, even if they were cartoony.
                        The old TV cartoon Reboot had well-animated humans in too. I forget if Mainframe or Foundation imaging did the Starship Troopers cartoon, also with well-animated people.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Hmm...
                          I think that it should either be animated like Spirited Away or done in live action like the Lion King Musical with some sort of symbolic representation of the whale...

HOWEVER...

The scene that I would most like to see preformed would have to be the one in Holiday where Nita, Kit, and Ponch talk to the Lone Power. I LOVE THAT SCENE!
                          A physics geek
                          And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

A play of the Song could be done quite well with representational costumes--like the Lion King musical. Stuff that suggests the creatures involved without being flat-out imitative.

Innnnteresting idea. I think the Song would lend itself to live performance much better than a film--in part because it IS a live-performance thing.

Comment

I'm suddenly seeing people with whales on their heads... [shakes head].

...but the Wayang Kulit element (Indonesian shadow puppets) would be immensely appropriate, given how they they're used to tell the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. In particular that nice looming effect when you move the puppet closer to the light source. Hmmmmm.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X