A Question for Diane and a comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question for Diane and a comment

This is a weird question Ms.Duane but do you beileve in what you write? and here is a comment Don't make a tv series! Ive seen a few Tarzan series and they totally destroyed the movie and I have no Idea how you could make a tv series look good based on your books because they are SOOOOOO good! But I think a movie might be Ok if you directed it or at least helped so it would follow the book because other books that turn into a movie normally dont turn out as good as the books but Harry Potter was pretty close to the book so if you did the movie like that it would make an awsome movie! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Live Life to the fullest
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

This is a weird question Ms.Duane but do you beileve in what you write? and here is a comment Don't make a tv series! Ive seen a few Tarzan series and they totally destroyed the movie and I have no Idea how you could make a tv series look good based on your books because they are SOOOOOO good! But I think a movie might be Ok if you directed it or at least helped so it would follow the book because other books that turn into a movie normally dont turn out as good as the books but Harry Potter was pretty close to the book so if you did the movie like that it would make an awsome movie! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Live Life to the fullest
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Originally posted by marniebrown1:
      and here is a comment Don't make a tv series!
      <*chuckle*> Too late. :-)
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

She wrote for Batman: The Animated Series?! No way! I wonder which episodes....

--MichMane(:

Comment

That post was about as close to pure stream of conciousness as I've ever seen in writing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Worlebird
          ------------------------------------
          At the beginning of the week, we sealed ten BSD programmers into a computer room with a single distribution of BSD Unix. Upon opening the room after seven days, we found all ten programmers dead, clutching each others' throats, and thirteen new flavors of BSD.
          Worlebird
          ------------------------------------
          "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

Originally posted by MichMane:
            She wrote for Batman: The Animated Series?! No way! I wonder which episodes....
            "The Lion and the Unicorn", for sure: I don't remember if there were any others.
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Is that why that's your favorite episode, GF?(:

Comment

This is a weird question Ms.Duane but do you beileve in what you write?
                Yes and no. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (yeah, I know that was no help...)

A different answer: I believe in it very purposefully while I'm writing it. I do my best to treat wizardry as if it was something real, with rules you can't just change whenever you like and get away with it. The "hard edges" on this universe seem to be what most people like best (and what I like too): I'd be crazy to mess with that.

If you mean, do I believe it's real? No. But boy, it would be cool if it was...

And at the same time, there are a lot of things about the world that we don't understand...a lot of forces for good that aren't as obvious as the forces for evil (because they prefer to keep a low profile: a smarter way to run things, in the long term). Who knows what's going on out there in the shadows... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-- DD
                -- DD

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
                  and here is a comment Don't make a tv series!
                  <*chuckle*> http://us.imdb.com/Name?Duane,+Diane :-)
                  *squeak* Dinosaucers? Boy, does that bring back memories!

-Tabby
                  the princess with claws

Comment

I personally have thought for the last nine years that the books would make wonderful movies...if they were done right. I thought the Harry Potter movies were pretty good, but they left out a lot of important details. If the details in the Young Wizard series can be preserved when transferred to the big screen, the movies would be exceptional and would blow the pants off of the Potter movies (not to say that I didn't love them, because I did). Even though I'd be too old, I'd love to play Nita in a movie (what girl wouldn't?). So, Diane, keep me in mind if you should get into the picture biz , maybe I could be an extra-or maybe I could direct? LOL

"It's a competitive world for
                    low budget people;
                    spending a dime while earning
                    a nickel
                    with no regard for who it may
                    tickle....
                    My cup is full to the brim."
                    -Buju Banton

Comment

no one knows whats in the 'tween places.

You're only young once but you can stay immature indefintly.

My givin name (from friends) is Psychotic Susan Hardhead. Psycho Susie for short

Comment

Actually, if they can make a sucessful TV series out of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed, a Young Wizards television series wouldn't stand too bad of a chance of doing really well.

I actually caught a promo for a Discovery Kids/NBC Saturday Morning show called "Strange Days" which shocked me at first because it looked a lot like the YW series, and not knowing what it was, thought it might just actually be. One of the characters looked like a slightly older version of Dairine, in fact. It's actually not as serious as the YW novels, and that's something a television series will have to get across; the only thing young about the YW series is the median age of the central characters. If the foo-foo fairytale world of Harry Potter gets a movie, why can't the modern, intelligent, clever saga of the YW novels carry over as well?

On that note; I tried to get my girlfriend (A fan of Potter) to pick up the YW series (mailed her my copy of Support your Local wizard, even ), but I don't think she's read it and since she's out of state at college, I can't do much nagging. Oh well.

-Retro
                        -Retro

Comment

Working...
                        X