Influences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Influences

Bye-bye Madeleine L'Engle. Thanks for The Other Side of the Sun. It was nice to know that some authors are there, waiting for you, when you break out of the YA section.

Dunno if you've read DD's latest blog entry--she writes an obit for L'Engle, and cites that L'Engle's request to find out what happens next after SYWTBAW was one of the main reasons we've got a series of YW novels, instead of one lone book.

Do you know of any other authors DD has mentioned as having an influence on her and the YW books?
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

i just found out the other day about l'engles death...and i still haven't read all the books! *is rather saddened though, either way* and we ALMOST HAD ONLY ONE BOOK? *GAGS* *is very thankful to l'engle at moment*
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I've never read anything by L'Engle, but she's on my shortlist. And I am eternally thankful to her for inspiring DD to write more than just SYWTBAW. These books are so good, and it would be really a sad thing if they didn't exist. So thank you, Madeline L'Engle, for the wonderful YW books, and rest in peace.
      Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

Working...
      X