No announcement yet.

favorite YW book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think my favorite actually was wizards dillema...i know it was horridly sad, but it had a power to it that showed the full skill of DD as a writer (in my oppinion) it was filled with emotions that made you want to cry, but powerful enough that you couldn't stop reading it anyways...
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

My favorite of the novels (thus far) is "A Wizard Abroad". Mostly because it takes place in Ireland, where I've never been, and because it peaks you into the world of other young wizards like Kit and Nita, which doesn't really happen again 'til Wizard's Holiday. It's strange to like that book, though, when I don't like Ronan, and he's a rather big part of it....

A Wizard Alone was good too, although not many people mention it as a favorite--it's a lot of going-into-people's-heads, and there's something about that I like.
      ---
      Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

i like AWA because it takes place in ireland. i also like the whole 'going sideways' thing, although ronan reminds me alot like a kid i met in ireland when i went. kinda scary huh? i also love AWD althought it is reall, really sad. i think it shows kit's connection to the family, and how frusturating it can be to have to just sit back and watch something hoorrible happen (dair) WAW is great what with the whole Darryl thing but it is really sad tha ponch dies...or does he?
        ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

My favourite is definitely High Wizardry, mostly because of the sheer hugeness of the plotline, and because of the mobiles. I LOVE the mobiles. Same with W@W and AWH.

I also like A Wizard Abroad, because its set in a place that I'm very familiar with - (although I just can't imagine the sugar loaf covered with a city) - and 'cos of the myths and legends added to it. I didn't particularly like Deep Wizardry, but mostly because I wanted to read HW again... (I read it before DW).

Comment

I like SYWTBAW most, because it introduces you into the world of wizardry. Then there are also the feline wizards books, which are tied into real life. I like those 3 books the most because DD makes it sound like there really are wizards doing all these crazy things to save the universe.
            "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
            -Terry Pratchett
            Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

i liked wizard's dillema. sad, but extremely powerful all the same...and hurrah! i can see more of the forum again! and no errors! i can post! *hceers library computer for making this leap though it did so before i made this post, but before i made the last*

anyways, i just think that as sad as wizard's dillema was, it also had a sort of power hidden in the words, built up by the overflow of emotion, that you might not see in many other places.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

My favorites overall are A Wizard Abroad and Wizards At War. However, one other book deserves mention. Wizards holiday. It wasn't my favorite in the series, but there was one part in the book, where Kit and Nita are talking to the Lone Power/ Assemali...(I don't thinks that's how you spell it but still) I just love that scene and watching the Lone power suffer from unfathomable boredom. I just love all of the lone powers gloating speeches, where he thinks he's won and then all of a sudden thing completely turn around....

I also greatly enjoyed the ending battle in Nita's mother's body, world in Wizard's Dilemma.

Comment

Working...
                X