Young Wizards vs. The Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Wizards vs. The Gods

From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

That's a good analysis, Poliester. :-)

The only quibble I have with it is where you identify characters as being "like" gods from Greek (and other) myth, when in the stories, they're explicitly identified as such. :-) The One's Champion does mention at some point that she was Athena. I don't think Biddy said she was Hephaestus, but reading between the lines...
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Thank you!

I didn't like my doing that, either. I just got lazy around 1:30 am and decided to compare character that WERE gods.

No one in my class has read this series, so they wouldn't know... Hehe...
      From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

"often has the future beat out of him by his loving owners"

XDXD Well said.

I like the analyses, but do they require spoiler protection? Some are from advanced books, so...

The comparisons are good, though I've never heard of Phanes. The ones like the Champion are helpful, though, right? You don't have to think much once you have the connections from the books.

Excellent choice for the project. I wonder if I would have thought of YW if it'd been me?
        "Half of the ehhif on the planet go to bed with empty stomachs: the other half die of eating themselves sick...." -Rhiow,The Book of Night With Moon

Comment

Working...
        X