5/1/04 chat recollections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/1/04 chat recollections

Hey, I figured since it doesn't look like we're getting a transcript any time soon, that it would be nice for the folk who didn't make the chat to get a precis of what went down, and for those who did make it to have a place to chew the fat.

Here's what I remember.

We may have broken the record for number of people on a chat: 15. DD arrived right on schedule, and immediately apologized and broke the bad news to us personally: Wizards at War has been delayed until Spring of '05. She cited two reasons: a back injury that's been slowing down her ability to work (the painkillers make it so that what gets written is, er... fuzzy), and 2) that her publisher wants to increase the amount of time they have to do publicity for the book (GOOD THING!).

DD also asked us all if any of us remembered Kit's Dad's first name. If anybody knjows, please e-mail her ASAP, because she honestly can't remember if she named him or not (she does know that Kit's Mrs. Rodriguez's first name is Marina). She'd rather not comb through all the books, looking for it.

I asked if she was going to do a signing tour in the US, and she responded Spring of '05, so I guess that's part of what the promotional time is going to be used for: setting up a tour!!

Someone else asked if ARCs would be available for Wizards at War. DD said yes, they would. ARCs are Advance Reader Copies--bound copies of the galley proofs without the cover art, etc. that are sent out to review outlets for promotional purposes. The person who asked is a reviewer who can probably get their hands on a copy.

DD mentioned that the film Kingdom in Twilight is in post-production, and mentioned that she had a few other film projects in the pipeline, and that when it comes to YW films, she'll accept no job less than Executive Producer. (The chat sort of descended, then, into how the Harry Potter movies/LOTR, etc. had been well done or not, etc.)

Anybody remember anything else?
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

I wasn't there. *sniff* Actually I was kinda.... I got on right after DD left and ppl were starting to leave.... *roll eyes* It figures. Wasn't there a conversation earlier on Mr.Rodriguez's name? I don't think DD named him.... lol. That's kinda funny if you think about it.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Yeah. I think it was Tui or somebody who was drop-jawed at the notion of DD having characters that she hasn't named. And we were all so disappointed that you only made it on the minute after DD left. We kept saying "Poor M!" whenever you tried to get on the chat and were continually getting immediately logged off. But we did see you!

Oh. Remembered something else. She's got some of A Wizards of Mars (definitely "of") plotted. She wouldn't tell us who the wizard was, though, or anything about it.

And that after she finishes Wizard at War, she's definitely beginning work on her next Star Trek book. Sigh. No mention of the fourth Door book.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Wasen't there either. THERE GOING TO MAKE YW MOVIES!! How are they going to do when Neet's and Kit talk in each others head? Not to mention the Speech?
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Working...
        X