Errantry Article Far Removed from the Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errantry Article Far Removed from the Books

I found this article while looking around. I was amazed at it's length and depth especially how it was about a person I can't remember even being mentioned. Maybe Nita and Kit will need to do an "Otter Run" or work more with time later.

http://www.youngwizards.com/Errantry...idson%2C_A._R..

It is tied in lightly to SYWTBAW at the very very end but why would DD go into such depth with this famous Time Wizard. I see an easy connection with a book about time since Nita has yet to do something huge to pay back the binding she did to the Lone One. When she and Kit wrote the blank check spell to remove a small section of space from the rest of the universe she was almost required to sacrifice her life in the song of the twelve so it must be a really high cost to Bind the Lone One in Wizard's Holiday since supposedly the cost the binder pays is directly related to the power of the person being bound.
    Last edited by Durriken; April 20, 2010, 10:50:39 PM. Reason: Fixed the link
    My Young Wizard's RP Forum

I clicked on the link, and it was a pretty much blank page for Davidson, A.R. I clicked on several links and the page popped up then. But I think I remember reading this one.

And I was noticing something like this when I was browsing earlier today, with all the Chinese articles, like this one.
    I mean, the Immortals and the general China page are really interesting, but I don't see any obvious tie in.
    However, this could easily be explained if they fall in with Garrett's ErrantryWiki hints in the AWOM Spoiler area.

And at least we get a lot of details. The ErrantryWiki is pretty awesome.

Comment

Maybe the next book will be "The Wizard's of China"???????

Comment

Originally posted by illiriam View Post
        However, this could easily be explained if they fall in with Garrett's ErrantryWiki hints in the AWOM Spoiler area.
        Oh, those weren't hints, just fannish speculation. :-) I don't know what Diane's working on any sooner than the rest of you do, with occasional minor exceptions, usually related to the process of helping admin the boards. :-)
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I find it odd how some of those are so long when compared to ones that should be long but are not. The Lone One's article is very slim for all that it did and does.

Comment

Originally posted by Durriken View Post
            I find it odd how some of those are so long when compared to ones that should be long but are not. The Lone One's article is very slim for all that it did and does.
            I don't find that strange, actually -- she's covered the Lone One in great detail in the books. Giving those biographies in detail in the books, on the other hand, would severely unbalance them.
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Oh, I know it was more for speculation's sake than definitive hints. I thought it was fantastic speculation though. Logical. I almost posted my previous post over there, but since I haven't read the other books, I wasn't sure if they were potential upcoming topics or what.

It could just be that we just don't get to see the intuitive leaps that bring DD from point A to point D.
              However, if something hasn't showed up yet, and it is covered pretty in depth, it is more than likely that something concerning that topic will be in an upcoming book. Like, I can see how the Cockatrice relates to Atlantis and the Drowned Song in DW. Those follow a train of thought. But if we can't see a connection, I'm thinking upcoming plot point? Eh?
              Last edited by illiriam; April 21, 2010, 05:12:52 PM.

Comment

The only thing I can think of that connect the YW Universe to China is that I believe the TwiChildren from Wizards at War where from China or at least Asian decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Durriken View Post
                  The only thing I can think of that connect the YW Universe to China is that I believe the TwiChildren from Wizards at War where from China or at least Asian decent.
                  Actually, if I remember correctly, the twychild are Vietnamese. But I do think that maybe wizardry in China will show up in a future book somewhere. I definitely hope so. I'd love to see more about how wizardry is practiced around the world. I mean we've seen so much about alien cultures and not so much from different cultures on Earth.

Comment

Working...
                  X