X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern State Parkway

Summary:

[[Image:70px-Southern Pkwy.png|thumbnail|left|70px|Parkway signage]]

(Also sometimes called "the Southern Parkway") One of [[Long Island]]'s two major east-west highways, the other being the [[Long Island Expressway]]. Its western end is at an interchange with the Belt Parkway and Cross Island Parkway in Elmont, just on the [[Nassau County]] side of the boundary with the [[New York, City of | New York City]] borough of [[Queens]]; its eastern end is at the Heckscher State Parkway in East Islip.

The Southern State is the highway that runs closest to [[Nita]]'s and [[Kit]]'s [[Hempstead]] homes, passing about a mile north of them. Their town's main street, Nassau Road, crosses/joins the Southern State at its exit 21. A wooded spot inside one lobe of the Southern State's cloverleaf exchange with the [[Meadowbrook Parkway]] (exit 22 S/N) is where Nita first meets Kit. Their joint work on the spell Kit has been constructing produces [[Fred]] shortly thereafter. ([[SYWTBAW]])

[[Category:Locations]]

More...

Is anybody else thinking that maybe Kit or Nita (or Carmela) are getting a learner's permit or driver's license from these recent "road" entries? Or do you just figure DD's having fun with Google Maps again?
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Haha, both, perhaps!

Until you said that, I was just thinking, "What? The newsbot is posting things about...roads...Okay...This is interesting..." But now, it possibly makes sense!
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

That would be hilarious, wouldn't it? (Also, it'd really solidify at least one character's age..) I have a tremendous soft spot for rituals-of-daily-life-interspersed-with-the-supernatural in all kinds of fiction, especially teen fiction. (Think Buffy, but also Witch High (which I just read, A++ would read again!)) However, I think in the interests of keeping everyone in the YWverse alive, I'd prefer it if Nita, rather than Carmela, was the new driver. I can just see Carmela in that one scene from Animorphs, where a boy in a gorilla morph is driving a car with no experience other than video games. "Do you just hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?"
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
        X