WizMapping: fooling around with the Google Earth API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WizMapping: fooling around with the Google Earth API

Via the ZeeMaps online interface to Google Earth, I've been starting to "tag" various locations of interest in the YW series. You should be able to view the map here:

http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=581

If the page asks you for a password to view it, use "Wizviewer".

It's going to be a while before this is anything like done, so be patient with me.
    -- DD

Wow that was realy something else ma'am. incredible i just spen a few moments tinkering with it.
    It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
    That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Maps.Google.Com

I think you can do some of that right inside Google Maps -- at least, the land-based part.

For example, I mapped out the parts of Bangor that were destroyed in the Great Fire of 1911 once: click here
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Thank you VERY much for this, Ms. Duane! I really enjoyed it, and I think you did a really good job!
        Take care of nature. Let the world stay a beautiful place to live. ~Diana
        Every moment is a new chance for you to make things better. ~Eirene
        Enjoy what you have got. You don't need what you have not. ~Filippa

Comment

This is AWESOME! It's great that you made it. Thanks very much, Ms. Duane!
          "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

Cool! It would be really cool if we could do something like this with more destinations, like say, Gili Montag, and...well...the moon! and Mars! now that would be cool!
            All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Working...
            X