Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Planet.

Okay this is awsome!
    They have a new Planet that they have found i was on CNN news and found it in the space section. I dont know if this is new but i think it is. Personally i love to think about more Planets and star and Universes. My parents so dont support me with any of that. But if anyone thinks this is coooool start talking on this thread. Lol. At least now i found my article for school! Not that anyone care much. Lol im weRid and i like it. CNN should be updating it some more hopefully. Here is the URL for it. Its really awsome! - http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/0...net/index.html
    It should work if it dosent catch me in the Chat and ask me for it. Okay hope to see yall soon byebye.
    Tori!
    Love and be loved

yo tori this rocs thanks

Comment

Well, as the CNN article points out, it won't officially be a planet until the International Astronomical Union decides it is.

Strictly speaking, both UB313 and Pluto are just the largest examples of what are known as "Trans Neptunian Objects" or "Kuiper Belt Objects." There are hundreds of objects similar to them out beyond the orbit of Neptune. Many people think that Pluto shouldn't really be considered a planet.

Members of the IAU had a rather rancorous discussion about this a few years ago, and now it looks like it'll be starting up again.
      Selden

Comment

OMG! Gr. I didnt think that people would get so "offical" On this subject. I personally think that it is a Planet and im not gonna wait till it has the IAU decide on it. If they dont decide it is a Planet then i will name for my slef and find with my binoculers. I love this idea though. Okay byebye
        Tori
        Love and be loved

Comment

Okay, I found more stuff. (nOT space related).
          Its teh "Lost World" in Indonisa that seincetists found while on helicopters. -

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science...eut/index.html

Thats the URL for it. Its pretty cool they have found 20 new spices of Frogs and a couple new Butterflies. As well as a new spices of Kangaroos. Awsome story. I love CNN now. Im getting obsessed with it kind of. Lol. -
          www.cnn.com
          Cool site as it has everything new. Im kind of dorky with the news. I havent seen it for a long time. Also they have the "Space and Science" part in it so it gives you all the new Space stuff.

Oh yea. Polar Bears may become endangered. Yea it said that about them (Polar Bears). Some Poachers and more devlopment are causing it to happen. As well as more Gobal warming is ruining the coldness. I would hate to see them become extinst. Sad. okay back to sreaching i will go.lol.
          Dai All,'
          Tori[:,'
          Love and be loved

Comment

tori email me @ vickousp@bellsouth.net if you find any thing new

Comment

One more newbie netiquette lesson. Just to say that what cf did above is NOT best internet safety practice. You really don't want to be sending your e-mail out in the clear like that. Remember ANYONE with access to the board can read these posts. And you don't know who they are. Blahblahblah. You know the drill.

In addition, please remember that this board is a limited resource (and that limit is how much money DD wants to spend on it). Make the most of it, and try to offload what's more appropriately done by other means. This board is for public conversations. If it's not appropriate for all YW fans--strangers or friends alike, then it probably belongs somewhere else. Private one-to-one messages should be carried out via private topics, e-mail, or private chat channels.

Thanks! Sorry to be such a nag about this, but it's an important part of Wizardry to be smart with resources. Nobody's got an infinite amount.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_blue">thanks kli6 I will remember that next time * </span>
                That's all we ask. We know it's tough at first to figure all this stuff out, and that nobody can be expected to know these things by telepathy right off the bat.

<span class="ev_code_blue">... and I guess you don't just mean me you mean this to all newbies. </span>
                Yes, exactly. Thank you for not taking this personally! We've had a large influx of new folks coming in. I guess we're all impatient for A Wizard of Mars, and have no other place to hang out.

BTW, if you want to change something in a post or delete it, you can use the edit button (it's the little icon of a file folder with a pencil erase over it in the post).

Comment

Working...
                X