Stargate :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargate :)

So, has anyone ever watched an episode of Stargate: SG1 or Stargate: Atlantis? If so, did you like it? Who's your favorite character, etc?

My favorite TV show ever!

I've watched a couple of episodes of SG-1. At first, Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neil and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson threw me for a little bit of a loop--especially when the first episode I saw included Sam Carter and Teal'c and I didn't even understand that there was a team with them involved. I will admit that I'm a Jack/Sam shipper and...well...wonder what in the heck is going on with what I know of season 9. Daniel is my kind of favorite character, but...I think the writers up to now have done a much better job of writing for Jack.

Just through my eyes...
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I've been following Stargate for about a year and a half, and I'm a major fan. It's sadly gone downhill. The writers and actors are just getting tired of it. RDA (Richard Dean Anderson) has moved on, and his was my favorite character. And it wasn't a good tactic to introduce a whole new theme this late. Ah well. Can't hold on to 'em forever, and this is what happens if you try.

Its an amazing show, though, and well worth your time! DD wanted to write for it, and I really hope she still can. There's a bit of talk of a 10th season. If that comes out true, they'll need her to keep it alive.

*Sigh*

Comment

I have Followed Stargate from the begining! I recently bought seasons 1 through 7 and trying to get hold of a cheap season 8 because over here in the uk channel 4 is behind sky by about two seasons? I think! Now the atlantis series I have tried so hard to watch! But because Im at uni I cant get a tv reception so I have to buy the DVD's again! I only have the first four epos so far! I hope it improves soon!
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

yay..
          IT's always good to know that others at least KNOW about your obsessions...
          I just got Season 8 ($50!!)at BestBuy .... yeah, it's expensive. It's a lot less on amazon, though, and they have lots of free shipping deals and stuff. So, that cuts off $20, I think...
          Atlantis is cool too, but I also usually only watch DVDs (unless my dad, who also likes the show, has taped them on Tivo or whatever it's called.)
          Yeah. I love that show...
          *jumps up and down maniacally*

-Emilie

Comment

Got to say that when I bought the season 1-7 I got them for £60! Which is a bargin untill I foudn out that instaed of them all being in seperate box sets it was one of those Chiness box sets where you have 56 DVD's in plasic walets in a box! But My fav one so far is the last one of season 7 where you have Jack holding the knowlege again and then General H in the ship! Brilleant! Cant wait to get hold of Season 8 cause thats the only way I'm going to get to see it! I might look on amazon, thought i already had, anyway night all.
            Fox

Comment

I love Stargate. Both shows are great. I have been a fan for a while but I do Marching Band and that interfers on fridays sometimes. Jack is and will always be my favorite character. I like the whole team though. The new stuff they have done to SG-1 are okay and getting better. I am somewhat of a Farscape fan and an Andromeda fan too. On Atlantis, Sheppard and Beckett are tied for my favorites followed closely by McKay.

Comment

Farscape! I LOVED THAT PROGRAM!!!!! Oh it was great! Shame they finished it now, but is it true that the two main characters are now in stargate?? I'm surew i read that some where!
                Fox

Comment

Yes. For season 9 of SG-1, Ben Browder (John Crichton) is now the leaader of SG-1 as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell and Claudia Black (Aeryn Sun) is Vala Maldoran. They are doing a wonderful job on Stargate. Vala is a hilarious and Mitchell is funny but not, in my opinion, up to Jack's standards.

Comment

stargate sg-1 rocks! i've been a fan from the stop, and i'm really sad that they're changing it so much now. Jonas was my favorite character, and then Daniel, and I've always loved Teil'k (yeah, that's spelled horribly wrong, but you get the picture) I haven't really gotten to watch much of atlanntis, mainly because it comes on after sg-1 and i've got too much stuff to do...
                    before the beginning
                    after the end
                    what happens to us?

Comment

Hey dont ruin it for me guys well you can a little, I still cant find a good cheap copy of season 8 on Ebay and I doubt there will be a season 9 for a while on there. mean while Im missing it all and now am at least two season behind! I just went out and got LOST but there selling it really silly, you have to buy it in a part season. nice of them hey! and it cost me £25 for 12 epi of well have to go
                      Fox

Comment

Have any of you seen the original movie? I have to say, I think it's much better than the TV show...the original actors are brilliant, and, I dunno, the new Daniel kind of ruined it for me because I was so enamoured of the original with his hair-that-needed-cutting and giant geek-glasses

(Now, if you want a really good sci-fi TV show, look no further than The X-Files...but that's a completely different subject )

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Mea culpa guys. I introduced topic drift. I've moved my message and all the subsequent non-Stargate replies into the Television thread. Back to your regularly scheduled Stargate discussion.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

James Spader was certainly a big strength of the original movie in my eyes. He didn't have to say much to tell you exactly who Daniel is and what's happening inside him. And I liked his look and voice. I've gotten used to Michael Shanks, but I enjoyed having James Spader create the character.
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Lamarquise: Exactly. Plus, Spader just had this I'M A GEEK thing written all over him, and I felt that that was a really integral part of the character that got lost in the TV show. Also, I just really liked the story, and the Ra plot was so incredibly creepy. It worked so well as a standalone thing, you know? Anyways, I can see why people like the TV show, but I just feel it can never live up to the movie.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Working...
                              X