Merlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin

Does anyone watch the T.V. show merlin? My best friend and I love this show and it seems as if no one else watches it! It started on BBC before it came into my SyFy channel. (I love SyFy. <3) I was just wondering If anyone watches it, and if so, who their favorite character is, episode, etc. This is just a place to discuss that, I guess.
    "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I watched it just because I loved Anthony Head from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Richard Wilson from One Foot in the Grave. I enjoy it, but I'm sorry to say it's not one of my favorite shows. Strangely, I like Arthur a lot, even though he has to be a jerk so much of the time.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Yeah, I watch it . . . sometimes . . . found it on Netflix . . . yeah. It's fun, although it feels a bit slow sometimes. Morgana's great, but the actress who plays her isn't very good at being evil, unless that was on purpose. I really didn't like Arthur in the beginning, but then I started to like how his character developed. Now whenever I re-watch any of the earlier eps I like to get on my brother's nerves by pointing out what an idiot Arthur was, but I can't do that with a lot of the later ones because he starts becoming less of an idiot.

I noticed on some blogs/forums that a lot of people don't like Gwen. I like Gwen. IDK.

Comment

Yeah, it sure doesn't seem that many people know about this show. My roommates and I love it, and can't wait for season 4! Also, we did a dance when they announced that they just renewed their contract for season 5. So very exciting!

I love the character development through the show, and it's really interesting to see how the characters grow and change and deal with their problems. It's kind of a lesson for real life in the way that you can make things better or worse by how you deal with them.

Comment

i loved watching it too, but somehow now, the show doesnt air anymore on NBC ... so I havent watched the show in a long time

I just searched up Merlin on wikipedia and I found out some stuff. Here's the link for those who want it : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin_(TV_series)
          Last edited by NitaEmmaYW; August 12, 2011, 05:34:41 PM.
          A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

In the USA, Merlin now airs on SyFy channel. They had a panel this year at Comic-Con, but I didn't make it.

BTW, Merlin is loads better than Camelot. (sigh). I had hopes for Camelot, given who was in the cast, but they were quickly squashed only a few episodes in. The writing was just dreadful. Sadly, I'm happy that it's been cancelled.
            Last edited by Kathy Li; August 12, 2011, 06:50:06 PM.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Thought I should mention for us USAnians that the final season of Merlin starts up on SyFy on Jan. 4.

Comment

Thank you for that reminder, Kathy! My mom and I had watched season 1 as it was on the air for the first time, and we loved it, but forgot about it. Then I saw your post and my mom and I were like, "Oh yeah, we need to keep watching that, that was awesome!"

Funny thing is... I'm not one to make predictions when I read or watch movies/TV. I just let it happen. However, shortly before Morgana turned evil, I knew that she would. (I haven't read any of the books so I knew nothing of the storyline at all.) I could tell by looking at her... I started to think that she had looked so pretty she looked evil. Perhaps they started to subtly change her hair or makeup, but I knew. It's interesting how, now, she looks more and more evil with every episode... she gets paler, her hair gets more messy and greasy, her green eyes....

It's also nice to see the development of Merlin's relationships with Gaius and Arthur. It's been a trend lately that the episodes end with Merlin and Gaius chuckling about something that just happened; they're very chummy.

I also love the 80-year-old Merlin. Plenty of good laughs then, especially in the episode when he tries to save Uther.

All 5 seasons are available on Hulu for anyone who wants to start/catch up on it. I still have to watch the final 2 episodes of season 4 before moving on to the final season.
                Last edited by EricG1793; May 5, 2013, 04:34:33 PM.
                "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Working...
                X