Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NT Prod'n of Terry Pratchett's NATION in movie theaters THIS WEEKEND (2/20-21).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT Prod'n of Terry Pratchett's NATION in movie theaters THIS WEEKEND (2/20-21).

Sorry. I may have found this too late for a lot of you.

But the National Theatre in London is/has done a stage production of Terry Pratchett's Nation. They taped a performance on Jan. 30th, and (at least for me), it's going to be broadcast to a movie theatre in my home town of San Diego, California. My ticket was $20 through Fandango.

I think for Boston and the European venues, the performance was b'cast live on the 30th. But for a lot of us in the states, it's still going to happen this coming weekend. Here's a list of the US venues and dates. Here's the overall venue page that has a link to all the international venues. New Zealand and South Africa are definitely getting it this weekend, too. Too late for Australia and Canada for sure.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Oh hey, awesome! There's a showing next weekend in my town! Thanks!
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yay! I loved it. The MdDS has pretty much put paid to my traveling days, so I thought I'd never see another show in the Olivier again, so partly it was just being back "in" the house, but it's a gorgeous production, and a really good adaptation of the book. The tone shifts slightly, but not out of the spirit of Pratchett, imo.

I should probably warn you that you can show up half an hour late, and you won't miss anything. It opens up with some interview time with the director and Pterry, and ads for the other NTLive and NT productions. And after the half hour, then the five minute countdown begins. And you get the full 20 minute intermission (although they fill about half of that with some behind-the-scenes stuff).
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
      X