Dark Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Angel

One of the best shows I've ever seen. Though I watched it long after it had been cancelled I immediatley fell in love with it. It only laster two seasons. It's about a girl named Max, played by a dark-haired Jessica Alba, who is in fact an escaped genetic experiment. If you've seen it and liked it give a holler over here eh?
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
    "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
    "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

I've never even heard of it, but it sounds an awful lot like Maximum Ride. Any connection?
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
    -- Charles Shulz

Comment

*laughs* Nah, not really. Though of course that was one of my own first thoughts. Much better than MR, andthe plot doesn't deteriorate over time. No wings or anything like that. She's basically trying to ive as normally as possible while wondering what happened to the other 11 escapees. She works for a bike messenger system in Seattle, though there's kind of a second-depression theme going there, and in her off time she's a cat burgular. She also ends up working with Logan Cale, a proactive cyberjournalist who speaks against political corruption.
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.

Comment

I saw it like you a long time after it ended and thought it was awesome. The characters just don't get old like in some shows. And it is interesting to think about what people can do with the ability to mess with DNA like that which I think is possible but I'm not entirely sure.
        "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

I loved Dark Angel, and I still occasionally rewatch the DVD sets, when I'm in the mood. I do remember being completely torn when it was cancelled, since it was axed to make way for Firefly (that darn Fox Friday Night Slot O' Death).

What's been amusing me is seeing how many of the Dark Angel writers have resurfaced at Castle. (I've already counted Jose Molina, Rene Echeverria, and Moira Kirland).

I also enjoyed the hell outta Joshua and the 'nomlies. There were some weird echoes back to Beauty and the Beast (the Linda Hamilton one, not the Disney animated version), but I'm probably the only one old enough to have seen it.

But what I really really really loved about the show and its makers was that they had the guts to completely blow their setup out of the water at the end of the season and completely change the show. I was really really looking forward to the Freak Nation season...
          Last edited by Kathy Li; December 4, 2009, 10:19:50 PM.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

YUSSS!!! Freak Nation would have been an amazing season! I've actually been idly looking for a good Freak Nation RP. If the RPers were any good it could be amazing. Of course, it has the potential to absolutely suck too but...A girl can dream.

Comment

Working...
            X