0.00%
    OK
    0.00%
    NO!
    0.00%
    TV SHOW!
    100.00%
    (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
    "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of threads like this, and I'm almost definite that there IS a thread somewhere.

Here it is! *emerges from hole in the ground with dust bunnies clinging to his shirt*

http://youngwizards.net/eve/forums/a...4/m/6431002261

There ya go. All the things about the movies and TV shows you could ever want.

Comment

sorry for the really short post but gigo this is the only poll that's the thread this is the poll
      (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
      "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

I voted "Sure" (the only one so far) because I normally hate books that have been turned into movies. It's a great idea, but the end up butchering it a lot. The best book-to-movie translations I've seen are: (in order)
        1. Holes. From what I remember of the book (read it all in one night, so I probably forgot a lot), it had almost everything.
        2. Harry Potter 1. It had a good amount of stuff, but they could've put a 5-minute scene for the potion challenge before Harry went into the Mirror chamber.
        3. The Outsiders. Overall, almost all of it was there, and what was there was exactly how I imagined it.
        4. Harry Potter 2. It was okay, but I'm sure they left out something...(can't think of anything, because it's 12:18 in the morning, when I should be sleeping).
        5. LOTR movies, all of them tied. They kept all the plot-necessary stuff, but I'm disappointed that they cut Tom Bombadil and the Shire part out completely. Those were two of my favorite parts. They cast the right people, though. (But I don't think Orlando Bloom was right for Legolas.)
        6. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (book title-- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). Come on! It doesn't even ahve the same title! Plus, what about the squirrells in the book? And the Oompa-Loompas were all wrong!
        7. Harry Potter 3. Frankly, I was disgusted by the new director. My favorite book, but my absolute least favorite movie of the three. I mean, he ruined everything, from big things like the Firebolt scenes (it was CHRISTMAS, not the end of the year!) to details like the clothes. They don't know HOW to dress like muggles! They wear ROBES, even at home! Gah! (If you would really like a full rant, ask me. I could type for hours on this.)
        8. Series of Unfortunate Events. Don't even get me started. You don't want to hear me screaming.

I'm looking forward to the Eragon movie, though, because Chris Paolini himself is writing the script. It should be accurate. I just don't want him to take time out of writing Eldest to finish the script. I've waited long enough.
        Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
        "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
        "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Ahhh....Holes. Definitly.

Holes is a wonderful movie. I watched 5 re-runs of it last christmas. Of course, it was odd, when it was hailing outside and we were staring at dry deserts.

It had ALMOST everything. I liked the added bit about the lizard being shot just as it reached Stanley. It really showed you how dangerous the lizards were. Zero meeting his mom was fine, even though it wasn't in the book. But they totally messed up the Sploosh commercial. But, I supposed they thought it wasn't that good.

*laughs* Did any of you spot Lois himself? <span class="ev_code_WHITE">He was the bald dude in the past, and bought one of Sam's onion tonics.</span>

It was good. I liked it.

No other movie comes close.

Well, Mary Poppins comes fairly close.

Oh, gawd, the Series of Unfortunate Events was terrible. Violet looks ALMOST like Violet, but Klaus was totally changed. I forgot about Sunny because I've only seen the trailer. XD

It doesn't seem to follow the storyline at all, and the thought of packing three books into one movie, when the average movies is 100 mins, makes me a little dubious.

Eragon? *yawns* Heard of it...gotta read the book someday.

I'm tired. I'll probably wear my sai belt to bed. My mom lets me, as long as I don't poke holes in the bed, and I don't, because of the sheaths.

Prepare to face the shock of your life, stalker.

*chuckles evilly* *walks off...*

Comment

Comment

They don't know HOW to dress like muggles! They wear ROBES, even at home!
              *mildly* I didn't like the way they did this either. But, actually, they do wear robes at home; I haven't got a copy with me, but if you check Goblet of Fire, I think quite early on, Harry thinks something about how "The younger Weasleys might wear Muggle clothes over the holidays, but Mr and Mrs Weasley were always to be found in robes of varying degrees of shabbiness"- something like that, I think before they came to pick him up for the Quidditch Cup.

That was one of the things I didn't like about the movie either, as it happens, but I'm just sayin'.
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I voted "okay" but didn't click submit... So, uh, yeah. I'll vote again. XD Anyway, I thought Orlando Bloom was great for Legolas! Good enough, anyway... Saw his picture in the newspaper, and I wondered if I could cut it out and hang it up in my locker without anyone noticing. I could tomorrow. If I could dig it up. LoTR was good, but I think what some people are saying is that it lost the essence of the books. Which, well, we really don't want to happen about the movies, because it's all about that. The thing is, DD will be the one, for sure, to screenwrite.

I label Lisa "obsessed with details".

Also, part of it is how the director translates it. And well, DD wrote the book and is asking for no less than ultimate power. Oooh, I don't think it was screenwriting; it was that ultimate power stuff she had.

*nodds* Yeah, Holes was good. In its way.

If there were movies, I don't think I'd watch them. Y'know? Wellll... I don't know. I'm perfectly content with my interpretation as it is.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

DD seems to be going more for a TV series, from what she said in the recent online chats.

Plus she said she'd insist on (a) writing the first draft (b) a veto on any revisions. So, as she said: Diane Duane Vidur -- I promise you that no one will ever turn my books into a rotten movie but ME.
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Birdies are sweet! Don't insult birdies! Although, they can be complete butts when they're mad or so in love with their reflection that they bite you every time you try to pick them up when they're near a mirror. And when a bird bites you, it HURTS! A LOT! They can draw blood, even when they're little bitty birdies.
                    Anyway, to what this thing is actually about, I'm actually not that into YW right now, I haven't read any of them for a really long time, so if they make a movie, chah to them. I'd see it, but probably not obsess.
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Huh. You're right. I thought they were some other type of lizard.
                      I didn't know that. I'll have to check the dvd again.

Birdies are evil. One bit me. But at least I'm not a birdie
                      poop magnet. XD One of my lil' sister's friends is.

We just stood there in the gravel field, and this seagull breaks off from the back and pooped, directly on the poor girl. *snorts* *shrugs* Oh well.

Comment

Oh you don't want to get me started on birdie poop. I've had four birds. That's a LOT of poop. Especially when it gets in your hair. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to get out? I've been bitten by my birdies millions of times. The stupid one that fell in love with his reflection bit me pretty much every time I tried to pick him up, and the one I got for my b-day loved everyone in my family but me, and took every opportunity possible to bite me.
                        We should probably get back on topic.

Comment

We should? What for? It seems perfectly fine that we talk about how nasty bird poop is. Well, not really. Real nice GIGO. Is that a good thing? Did she have it in for her? Or was she an actual human being? (in figurative terms)
                          ------------------------------
                          Footsteps in the snow
                          suggest where you have been,
                          point where you are going:
                          but where they suddenly vanish,
                          never dismiss the possiblity
                          of flight....

Comment

We have a pet bird...it's messiest, rudest, and loudest creature ever! It's so cruel and mean that I worry it's a spawn of the Lone One Itself! Our pet bird, a parakeet, is blue with a yellow beak, and because of his beak my stupid little sister named him "Sunny." I was like, "huh??" The bird is all BLUE, with some gray feathers, WHY is he called SUNNY??

The bird's poops and seeds are all over my sister's room. It's disgusting. Either the bird shoots his crap across the room and spits his seeds everwhere to get REVENGE on my sister because she forgot to clean his cage yet again or I'm Anzu from Yugioh! (And she, I am so NOT! Rather, I'm closer to the insane and evil Bakura).

Cress: My bird's obsessed with his mirrior, too! It's all he cares about. It's annoying. Wjhen you try to pick him up or move him away formt he mirrior, he WILL peck your hand off! And though he's only a small parakeet with a beak the size of a ladybug, it still hurts! I don't really like Sunny, he's the grouchiest and stupidest bird ever. And he NEVER shuts up! It's not like he sings beautifully, ont he contrary he squeaks and chirps and sounds sooo annoying! Why couldn't my sister have wanted a silent and KIND pet??

Comment

Yeah, you're actually not supposed to give bird's mirrors because then they think their reflection is another bird and fall in love with it and start doing...things with it. My old bird tried to do...things with the kitchen faucet because it was reflecty.
                              I'm not dissing birds in general, I love birds. The problem is finding a bird that bonds with you. I had one little birdy that was my baby. I loved him so much. He would sit on my shoulder and hide under my hair. It tickled. A lot. But he was such a little sweetie. And he was the only one of my birds who died, the rest of them became complete butts and no one in my family spent any time with them, and none of us liked them so it was pretty much better for everyone involved to give them away or sell them.

Comment

Working...
                              X