Clear All

• The New Game Console Wars

Xbox 360
    0%
    PS3
    0%
    Nintendo Wii
    0%
    Apple's game system, rumored to be in the works?
    0%
    They will all be about even.
    0%

I think I just accidently voted for X-box 360 even though I meant to vote for PS3.

I feel that the 360 is not going to do any better than it is already doing, it is only down hill from here. The 360 does not have any really amazing games, only games for people who were already X-box fans. The graphics are amazing, but beyond that, I do not think it has the game play to back it up.

The playstation and PS2 have consistantly had great games. Also, Sony is taking more time to work on the system, gaurentee more up-to-date hardware. The PS3 will most likley do even better than the 360, and it will also be more likley to have people who are not already Playstation fans buying. RPGs have a much larger consumer market than first person shoot-'em-ups, and sony is great for RPGs.

The Nintendo "Wii". . . despite this name change, is a great system. The "Wii" will be way more likley to bring in more people the gaming world, people who were never gamers before. Thus, the "Wii" has a much larger market than any of the other next gen systems. As for the name change, such an unorthadox name is surving the company well. Talk about the Revolution had died down quite a bit, now news about the "Wii" is everywhere. Also, like I mentioned in another fourm, there is speculation that the "Wii" is just a hoax and that at E3 Nintendo will release the real name for the system. If this is true indeed, it will probably put Nintendo completely ahead in the race. An amazing marketing plan, if indeed that is what it is. Even if the "Wii" shall be the permanent name for the system, it's getting a lot of publicity.

And I just made it sound like I think that the "Wii" will do best, even though I said PS3. . . and perhaps it will. It really has a lot of potential.

"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, annunciation of truth." ~V for Vendetta

Comment

Units sold? Likely the 360 or the PS3.

Only console to profit? The Wii.

So... who is the winner?
      ---
      seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

Umm... Well does this have to do with dd at All?

Comment

Well, Think again.
          Sony released pricing for the PS3.
          $499 for the PS3 with 20 GB hard drive
          $599 for the PS3 with GB hard drive.
          And Sony doesn't have anything like Halo.

Comment

Personally I think the Revolution (I really don't like the name change) is gonna be pretty awesome. Maybe not the best, but awesome nonetheless

I think the light gun-ish controller thingie is just more proof that Nintendo pwns the others in originality

Comment

Honestly, does it really matter how much Sony's gonna sell for the PS3?

I mean least it wont be crappy like when the 360 came out.

I heard Gates rushed the production and it came a lil early then planned cus he was to hot headed 'bout Sony and the 360 has glitches XD

Pff that's whatchu'd expect.
              ~~~~---------------~~~~~
              sweetbox!!!~

Comment

Microsoft and Nintendo came on strong at E3.
                Sony was considered to be in dead last.
                Between lackluster demos, (Ooh, Gran Turismo 4! In HD! Wait, I think they came out with that a while back. Didn't they?) and sticker shock, it seems likely that the PS3 will only be bought by hardcore gamers. (Especially with the president of Sony stating that those current prices on the PS3 are too low.) Most of the guys around the office are going to go with a Wii or a 360.

And the reasoning behing 'Wii'?
                Apparantly, Nintendo did it so you say "We've got Wii.", empahsizing the idea of the Wii being for everyone.
                If that's true, it's a good marketing strategy.

Comment

Well, I came accross an article explaining Sony's position on the PS3 pricing.
                  The president says that the PS3 will not become outdated and be left by the side of the road.
                  What a joke. There already is more advanced hardware that the current PS3 equipment.
                  And do they think DVD is infallible? Even if it is 'Blu-Ray'?
                  Didn't everyone say VHS was never going to be topped? What about BetaMax? Cassetes? Typewriters?

A few years ago, many people had thought that computer processers had reached their limits on colck speeds and such. Then came the Pentium 4 with HT. A slight increase. Suddenly, Intel released Dual Core processors. Clock speeds improved dramatically. But wait, was'nt it said that the max clock speed had been reached?
                  "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
                  "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                  "If you are out to describe

Comment

Working...
                  X