Choir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choir?

Anyone else here perform as part of a choir of any kind?

I'm a mezzo-soprano, and I sing alto in two choirs - Roundelay, which is mostly Unitarian and based out of the chapel I attend regularly, and one that only convenes in winter for carol concerts. This is the time of year for it, super-busy, and I'm performing twice in the space of the next week. I hope it won't kill me, as I'm already tired out by holiday preparations! *g*

How 'bout the rest of you, are you taking part?
    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

I sing bass(-ish) in this filk choir (sorry, the website's a little behind the times). It's for fun, and we meet to rehearse once a month (or so). We usually get to perform a set at the UK filk convention each year. A couple of years ago we were guests of honor at FilkOntario, which was a lot of fun for all concerned.
    -- Rick.

Comment

Um, wow. A little! Where do you meet? I love filk, but I so rarely meet people willing to sing any of it, and I have so darned many cognitive processing blackouts that I can't even try to write filk for myself nowadays. Fanfiction is about my limit there.
      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Most of us live around London, so we usually rehearse at our director's home in Dulwich. Occasionally rehearsals happen elsewhere. I've hosted a few, and we've had a few in Cambridge, too. Nine years ago we recorded a CD, in sessions over three weekends. We used the basement of Diana Wynne Jones' house for two of those, and the third was at my place.
        -- Rick.

Comment

Working...
        X