Literary RPing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Literary RPing

Yeah, I'm that much of a lit geek. But it's fun, and it lets me stretch my writing muscles when I have no story muse. I'm actually into almost anything; provided the plot stays interesting and doesn't repeat itself. Especially conspiracy-type Sci-fis, serious medieval, and random Star Wars. Anybody else like this?
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
    "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
    "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Literary RPing? Do you mean text based? Or RPGs based on literary works?

I've been really enjoying DnD fourth edition - played through as a... well, she was _meant_ to be a bard, but since the first players handbook didn't have one, she was a houseruled character, but mostly rogue. I have participated in text based (i.e. online or forum) RPs with people from here before - I'd be interesting in testing the use of Google Wave to use for one if your interested, though. The storylines in the ones I've done were usually fairly fluid - no-one really knew what was going to happen in the end, and they could take twists and turns whenever someone liked introducing one.

I really want to try LARPing, although maybe that's just an excuse to try and buy a boffer weapon...

Comment

Mmm... Forums RPs... I used to love doing this back in the day (oh my god that made me sound old... )

Not that I really did much of it. I only put a considerable amount of time into one sci-fi RP that consisted almost entirely of three or four people who knew each other in real life, and me, who was just some random internet kid.

LARPing always had me curious, but there was never enough sufficiently nerdy people around me to do it...

If one does get set up, count me in!

Comment

I like it in concept, but have never really gotten into it.

There's a pretty good example over at http://community.livejournal.com/milliways_bar/ -- the setting is The Bar At The End Of The Universe, so pretty much anyone can show up. They also allow multiple incarnations of the same character, so PTerry's Death and Gaiman's Death could theoretically have an interaction (that's the example they give; I'd _really_ love to read it, if I knew where to look for it). Since my account over there is SarekOfVulcan, I've dropped in once or twice sort-of-in-character, but never at any length.

There are a few Young Wizards characters registered there -- I don't know if they're currently active, though.
        Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 9, 2009, 01:04:25 PM.
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

It isn't much just yet but I started a Young Wizard RP forum a bit ago.

http://xyoungwizardsx.proboards.com/index.cgi?
          My Young Wizard's RP Forum

Comment

Post-by-post forum RPing. I do participate in fan RPing if I can find a good one, but for the most part it's original ideas. My biggest one is a Medieval-Fantasy-Scottish RP where I've been for almost 5 years now...Woah...I hadn't realized the length till now...Anyway, I'm an admin there and I help the creator out alot. I've also tried to make a couple sites, but it never works out quite the way I want.
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
            "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
            "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Comment

Working...
            X