CRIKEY! - RIP Steve Irwin 1962 - 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRIKEY! - RIP Steve Irwin 1962 - 2006

I don't know how many of you have heard, but this morning (11amAEST 4/9/06), 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin died from a stingray attack. He was swimming on the Great Barrier Reef, filming a documentary, when he was stung by a stingray as he was swimming over it. The news reports say that he was stung on the chest and died soon after.

He was a great Ambassador - both for Australia, and for animal conservation. RIP, mate, the world will miss you .

Alla

I heard around 1:30 AM today...my friend just told me...It's sad but there isn't a way really to survive getting a stingray barb through the chest. If anyone wants to see the whole story then go to CNN or MSN to read it. ;_;
    Just my luck, they ran out of cookies again!

I have a demon cat that was spawned from Satan.

Comment

That's really sad. He made me feel like he was immortal. And now he's all over the news.

I'm really gonna cry.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

;_; oh no! i loved him....and what else is shocking is that my mom knew before i did! well, he definently won't go unremembered. (i loved immitating his accent when i was younger and...coughcoughstilldocoughcough.) RIP, mate.

-peri

Comment

Well...he did spend his entire existance poking around at animals that were not meant to be poked. Still we loved him. And his accent. Goodbye dear steve.
          The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
          I promise not to funfun anymore
          Be happy cause life is good

Comment

One of my college buddies told me this morning... I was completely shocked. I used to be in love with his show (a looong time ago...back when I was in elementary school and such).
            <3
            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

When my mom told me, I thought: wait a minute - he's The Crocodile Hunter! He can't die!

And then I thought: a stingray?! Of all things...

But I suppose it's always good to go doing what you love best, and he will indeed be remembered fondly.
              And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
              Fell from the sky like rain
              Upon my soul; which, watered well,
              Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
              Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

yeah i read it in a bulliten on myspace and like, those things always say that random people had died but then i saw it all over yahoo and i was like OMG NO!!!!!
                Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

I agree with Cress he was awsome but well The "lets stick our hands in the killer crocks mouth" made me think oh hes going to die. But aafter so many years of seeing him do that you realy do begain to think hes imortal

RIP Steve Irwin
                  (\__/) "Be amazing"
                  (+'.'+)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Seriously everyone at school talked about Steve all day...I'm sad. I remember the summer before 7th grade, I'd wake up and watch his show every morning on Animal Planet at 9:00. And then there was the thing how my brother had these Playmobile toys and he made one of the guys Steve...long story. RIP Steve!

Comment

When my dad told me, I didn't believe it. It wounldn't have been the first time my dad would have pulled something like that. but then the paper this morning: he was filming for his daughter's new show, and I feel so bad for Bindi. My little sister "tiger" is about the same aga as Bindi, and she's having a hard time of losing mom, so I can't imagine how it is for Bindi, her dad was there one minute, strong, healthy, ready to take on the world, and then the next, dieing on a hospital bed, dead a short while after that. the poor kid. "Tiger" knew that mom was going to die, so she was prepared, but Bindi, that poor kid. She must feel like it's her fault. And I feel bad for Terri too, having to explain to Robert when he's older why he doesn't have a daddy. the poor kids.
                      -----------
                      "CHOCOLATE in heaven is hearing my CHILDREN'S LAUGHTER"
                      ~~ My mother. May 24, 1965- July 6, 2006

Comment

Aye; 'tis a sad day to lose one of our greatest conservationists.

Wherever you may go, may you always be daring the limits and fighting for (and with) the wild, Steve Irwin.
                        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

OMG!! When my mom told me she had told me he had been filming underwater before she told me how he died, and I was like he got his head bitten of by a shark. But now he died by a stingray sting to his heart!! Now isn't that the least expected way for him to die.

I was so sad. I had idealized Steve Irwin from the time I was like 7 or 8 until i was like 12 or 13, maybe 14. So his death was a hard blow to me. I mean I had watched steve Irwin for a long time, I knew about his family, his zoo, and his life, through the TV shows. So too me it was like loosing someone you know. I almost cried.

I feel so bad for Terri, Bindi, and Robert because that his family I mean its soo sad. Bindi especially because she was really close to Steve. I also feel bad for Robert because he's not even three he won't even remember his father. But there's one other person that really being forgotten and that was Wes, Steve's best mate. Wes and Steve were like brothers, so it must have shaken him pretty hard.

If Color Guard were any easier it would be called Drill Team.

"Aye! Avast!"
                          -Will Turner, POTC:Curse of the Black Pearl

Comment

Man.. Hearing about that really freaked me out for a day or two.. I mean.. He's Steve Irwin! Didn't help that when I heard about it it was on my radio alarm so I thought I was dreaming the whole thing... -_-

*sighs* oh well... R.I.P. Steve.. ;_;

Comment

-----------
                              "CHOCOLATE in heaven is hearing my CHILDREN'S LAUGHTER"
                              ~~ My mother. May 24, 1965- July 6, 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X