Looking for a scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a scanner

Anyone know for how much you can get a good scanner--preferrably flatbed? Or where? I need a good one, but I'm really not that big on money, right now.
    If anyone can help, it'd really be appreciated.
    I lurk. It's what I do.
    "Always put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

*taps fingers* I know you're a new member Hogosha, welcome btw! But if you're looking for a scanner, post it somewhere else instead of creating a new topic, ok? The Topic of Great Randomness is perfect for that.
    Sorry, normally I don't get mad at people but I just went to the orthodontist and I'm not in a good mood... *grr*
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Orthodontist? *shudders* I can't wait until I get my braces off. I can hear Brandon's voice from outside. He's so annoying. If I listened to him, I'd either be screaming or I'd be laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. So I'm just going to turn up Linkin Park...

As for Hogasha's post, I have no idea, but the best place to ask about something like that is the Topic of Great Randomness. Just pop in, say hi, and ask about scanners. You're bound to get lots of answers there. Everyone here is really nice, and visitng the Topic of Great Randomness (ToGR) is the best way to get to know people, next to chat parties.

Speaking of chat parties (I can only stay on topic for so long), the next one is Saturday 4:00 EDT. That's pretty much the default setting, so we'll have a party nearly every Saturday.

Welcome!
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Welcome Hogasha I'm Z. (As for the rest of you. I"m sure Peter Murray would love to answer this question.)
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Me? My old scanner stopped working years ago. I got it about 1995, though, so it lasted for a while. They're a lot cheaper now - I need to feel rich, then I can buy another one to replace it; one that'll work with my eMac.

The only advice I can give at the moment is to think about what size of art you're likely to be scanning. If you usually draw/paint larger than A4 size, for instance, you probably ought to look at larger scanners. (A4 is a paper size here, about 8.25 x 11.75 inches.)
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I still can't figure out how to work my scanner....
            "Speaking of chat parties (I can only stay on topic for so long), the next one is Saturday 4:00 EDT. That's pretty much the default setting, so we'll have a party nearly every Saturday." URGH!!!! I STILL can't come!!! *cries* I have to go to my old babysitters wedding... (I no longer have a babysitter, she was my babysitter until I was 11 ok?) I have to be a ring bearer... *grumbles*
            *Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

Hey, Agent M, weddings are fun! It'll be awesome, plus there is always lots of nice food. And perhaps the wedding cake will be Alternative and not-fruitcake. And the dancing is fun, because you frequently get to see older relations making utter idiots of themselves, although since this is not actually a family wedding perhaps not.

Also: Ah, isn't A4 a paper size everywhere???
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

ah yes, the dancing... I luff dancing at weddings... We stayed up till one at my dad's wedding....
                *huggles Tui*
                *Agent~M*
                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                X