Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help

...gods!!!

My computer's being really really weird- whenever I go online, it starts doing weird things, and things I don't even know what they are start installing themselves, and I'M GETTING ANGRY..........

I could swear I deleted half of these things BEFORE.... ><

I did a virus scan and ran adaware and deleted some things... but it's still happening and I hate this..... --'' someone tell me what the heck to do now!

I don't know much about computers.......Kli6 is really good with computers, I would ask her.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

What kind of weird things? Could be a trojan.
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence, nitafan, but I have a feeling this one may be beyond me. Once things start self-installing, things can go to hell very quickly.

Aurie, I use Spybot S&D *and* Ad-Aware to try and scan my box at work. If you're only using one, you might want to try the other, as they can catch some different adware things.

Also, try checking if there are user accounts on the box that shouldn't be there (look in the "Documents and Settings" folder on the C: drive). Search through the "All Users" and "default users" accounts under Start Menu -> Programs -> Startup, and see if there's anything there you don't use. Sometimes malicious adware puts things in those areas to get you to run their stuff automatically when you log on.
        Last edited by Kathy Li; June 9, 2010, 10:13:55 PM. Reason: fixed >s
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Thanks, kli...

I updated my adaware, and caught some two hundred things, as well as used an online virus-scan that caught 11 trojans.... --'' I also did the startup thing, it APPEARS to have stopped... *eyes computer suspiciously* and I deleted a lot of files.... of stuff I didn't recognize.

Comment

Hooray! I really hate that junk. I think the guys who write and update adware-hunting and virus protection software are big damn heroes.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Yeah but they're mostly former crackers.
              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

You can actually take a course called "Network Security" somewhere... they teach you to hack so you can be a 'good' hacker. And fight the evil hackers.

Comment

The best answer I can supply here is: buy a Macintosh. It's simply not worth the effort to write trojans or virii for Macs, so all we really have to worry about is... well, nothing off the top of my head.

Comment

LOL, yeah. Macinstoshs are safer and prettier than windows. Look at all the pretty colors!!!

Yeah, white-hat hackers is what you mean, Aurora.
                    Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Had a mac once... they are good for some things... but there are a lot of programs for Windows that I love so much more...

expensive though!
                      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Working...
                      X