Life, Death, and Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life, Death, and Chocolate

I only write the webcomic - I've got someone else doing the line art, and coloring for me.

Basis:

The story of a ghost-girl with a penchant for zapping (think transformation spell), a pervert with a habit of growing new body parts (and then trying to escape to the girls' locker room with them), and a girl who just plain old likes chocolate. Throw in a couple of immortals who love to tease, a sprinkle of spirits and demons who seek to kill, and a dash of "What the heck is going on?" Know what you get? Neither do I! But feel free to join me and the team as we join the quest to find out.

It'll be a bit before we put actual comics up, I'm afraid - but I'm starting to put up scripts, starting today, on my deviant art.

http://dragon8writer.deviantart.com/

Hope you come see! :P
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Hey Dragon Writer,
    Read your stories. I didn't understand them, like at all, but they're really really good and I like them a lot. The comic is so bizarre I can't help liking it, even though I am totally not a comic strip person. Where's the girl with the chocolate?
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
    -- Charles Shulz

Comment

That was a good story but you might want to check your spelling. I agree with Cinnamon Wind; Where's the chocolate. But besides that its good.
      "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

You'll meet her in a bit - The first ten are available elsewhere, so I put them in first - I'll be putting up the rest, maybe five at a time, every couple of days until I either catch up to where I am, thereby forcing myself to make more, or the actual comic starts and you can see the real deal.

Since i _am_ hoping to make a real webcomic, i don't want to ruin the fun by showing everything at once - but the first major arc is about a hundred strips long.

And you _did_ get a brief look at her - Sarah. If Katie is death, and Ashley is life ((he may be the biggest pervert I've ever seen, but you can't argue that he doesn't enjoy life)) Sarah is everything chocolate. The world could - quite literally - end, and she'd just munch away...
        This most likely makes the fact that she weighs maybe a hundred pounds totally disgusting.

Need to get back to writing more of Melody's story, too - but for now, nano! and LDC.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Ok so ya it sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing.
          "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Same!
            And who's Sarah? When did we meet her? Was that the girl who passed them in the hallway?
            I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
            -- Charles Shulz

Comment

Yep. Sarah's... strange.

Believe it or not, Katie is actually cloaked in glamor - it works by amplifying the desire of a person _not_ to see something. Unfortunately, ashley's such a pervert he's yet to look at her face, and Sarah is completely lacking of that desire whatsoever - she's odd, and you'll have to read if you want to see what's really going on.

Comment

Ummm... just a gentle reminder that we need to keep fiction writing off this board, so DD can read through them without worrying about lawsuits. You may want to move this discussion to Private Messages, email, or onto deviantart itself. Linking to the story is fine, and talking about it in general terms is fine, but when you start getting into the nitty gritty of who/what the characters are and plot descriptions, etc. we get much closer to the borderlands of fiction.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Sorry - guess everyone'll have to wait until tomarrow to see more. :P ((Probably for the best - I'm horrid at keeping my own secrets...))

Comment

I appologize in advanced for the double post, but this one's preeetty important, thread wise at least: The webcomic is officially up and running. :P Just search for Life death and chocolate - you can find it on smackjeeves, drunk duck, and even DA. (I'd put up links, but i'm doing this on a wii. Limited computer access, here.)

Comment

Working...
                    X