Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, YW chatter... always so much more fun than the general discussions on other sites.

I'm going to be a writer - which is obvious from my screen name... From reader to writer, it might have gone, but the dream remains, and this poem is done. (Yes, I'm rather hyper - but I finally get to come back here! Now that There is Here, I mean - and no matter how many insane sites I've found since, it's nice to be back... Even if I no longer recognize half the people and all the old newbies have turned oldbie.)
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

It's hard to say what I want to be/think I will be when I grow up, because I'm only 14 and interests change a lot at this time. Right now though, the professions that stick out to me are:
      - Author (obviously, since it's a pretty popular aspiration here)
      - Astrophysicist (though I'm not entirely sure what that would entail)
      - Architect (as long as all I have to do is design the buildings)
      - City Planner (not that the world needs any more cities)
      - Quantum...anything (my passion right now is quantum physics)
      - Pianist (cause piano is awesome)
      - Not sure what it would be called, but I'd also like to deal with computers...programming? IT? Geek Squad? Dunno.
      But these are just temporary. I remember when I really really wanted to be an acrobat, and that's changed completely. Though I still kinda want to be an astronaut. Sadly, my mum's grounded me to Earth. Oh well.

Comment

Hmm, well, right now I'm considering molecular biology. I'm a senior in high school, so I still have a bit of time. Molecular bio is what I've put down as my intended major on all my college apps, anyway, but that can always change. I'm currently absolutely loving my Rhetoric class, but I don't really know what I'd do with a degree in philosophy. I also want to double-major in cello performance.
        Honestly, I don't really know. *shrug* Maybe a wizard?

Comment

Well. My reasonable yet romantic side wants to be in history and be a private school librarian.....
          .....but my dreamer side wants to be super rich and test all of the products we see advertised and compare them. AND I would want to give money to charities and spend my days volunteering.
          Or I just want to be Dictator of the World. You know, whatever.
          Last edited by hazeleyedcappy; February 2, 2009, 09:51:52 PM. Reason: forgot a word...
          "Moral indignation in most cases is 2% moral, 48% indignation, and 50% envy."--Vittorio de Sica

Comment

Ooh! And I can be the one who fights for world rights and keeps on cony back despite you constanrly shooting me!

My dream job, when anyone asks, is to be a multimillionair writer. So much better than being an impoverished one... Plus, artistics run in the family, and it would be nice to set aside a fund so that my artistic descendants can actually follow their dreams without starving because they're doing it full time.
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

As I go on, I'm still interested in the Technology field. My school offers a handful of technology electives, including a couple programming classes, web page design, video game programming, and PC repair (which I have signed up for next year).

I'm still interested in photography, and we have a class for that as well, I believe.

Since I was in Intro to Theater class last semester, I've taken a liking to the world of theater. I enjoyed acting out in class and for short skits in other classes, but I wouldn't like to be in a performance. What I'm really interested, however, is the technical aspects. Light, sound, stage management. I operated the light board for our fall play, and I'm definitely going to try and do that, spotlight, sound, or something else for whatever our Spring performance will be.
              Last edited by EricG1793; February 11, 2009, 06:05:54 PM.
              "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

[QUOTE=Dragon Writer;47646]
                “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                -Groucho Marx

Comment

Me five years ago: I want to be a politician! I wanna CHANGE THE WORLD!!

Me after 3.5 years of Political Science in university: This is too scary. The world is a big meanie pants. I would like to hide in a library with dead languages for the rest of my life.
                  Originally posted by Daylily View Post
                  Originally posted by Dragon Writer View Post
                  Ah, YW chatter... always so much more fun than the general discussions on other sites.
                  Internet Stonehenge (robots.txt'd, sorry) is probably my favourite in terms of silliness. The best parts are "Untitled Clockument" where you can only start threads if you're not logged in, and "SCIENCE THE FUTURE IS NOW" where there are FRIENDS (sagan, dawkins, nye, etc) and ENEMIES (santorum, hubbard, falwell, etc) lists, as well as an ASK PROFESSOR SCIENTIFICNESS thread of silliness.
                  Originally posted by Prof.Scientificness
                  DOCTORFESSOR SCIENTIFICALITY, WHAT IS AN EVOLUSHUN, AND WHERE CAN I BUY ONE?!
                  EVOLUSHUNS ARE DANGEROUS BEASTIES MINED FROM THE DEEPEST DARKEST EVOLUSHUNS MINES OF SOUTHERN EVOLUSHIA. THEY ARE TAKEN TO THE INSTITUTE-O-SCIENTIFICNESS(TM) TO BE POLISHED AND PROCESSED FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THEN DISTRIBUTED FROM YOUR LOCAL SCIENTIFICNESS(TM)-MART! ONLY $299.99 EACH! MAY CONTAIN SMALL PARTS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS.
                  Teehee.

Firefox has an in-browser spellcheck that's pretty rad (with Canadian localization too!). Maybe IE has a plugin for the same sort of thing. I know it makes my own posts and emails a billion times more coherent.
                  I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna go into and I only got about 2 school years left before college. I also have TBA Career Tech Center next year, which gives you some training in the career field you go into. So I won't have to spend as much time in college because of TBA.

Anyways, back on topic. I was considering a medical field. Then I realized, probably not. I'm not interested in all the stress that comes from the medical field. So probably something to do with technology. I'm taking the Information Technology Academy. I may go into game design in college, dunno.

Or I just want to be Dictator of the World. You know, whatever.
                    Well I see who I gotta take out first. You know, can't have any competition there.
                    Last edited by bookworm438; February 16, 2009, 02:20:36 PM.
                    Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

I keep wondering about what calls to me, and typically I want to become a cardiologist, or a cardiovascular surgeon. There's something about that heart that attracts my interest, but I also love to write poetry and I love to read like so many of us here
                      If anything, Literature is my second nature, but being a doctor is my dream.
                      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

I wanted to become an oncologist. Now, as I said before, I just don't wanna deal with the stress. I was also interested in radiology and neurology. Even kinesiology(sp?). I was interested in those.
                        Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

My ultimate goal for life is to be on broadway! If I don't suceed (although I will be VERY sad) I would like to join in the fashion indrustrey, like, I want to design dresses.
                          I love to read and write stories!

Comment

Well... arguably I'm grown up already, but I've always wanted to be a librarian, and still do. Unfortunately, at present, I'm too chronically ill to take A levels, let alone the MLS.
                            Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Working...
                            X