No announcement yet.

Censoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Surrender!?" This was never a war. When we debate, it isn't a win/lose deal, and it should remain civil ; there is no "opposing team" -- we're all forum members, and though maybe it came across to you as all of us ganging up together against you, it wasn't. You outraged that many people.

Brad, there is a difference between attacking a person and attacking their arguement. There is also a difference between countering a person's arguement with facts and reason vs. calling it "poop." Later on, it did reach the point where forum members were genuinely attacking you in retaliation, but not from the beginning.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I got simple advise for all of you. I call it the "OMGOOHP" technique. *clears throat*
      Why cant we be friends?
      Why can't we be friends?
      Why cant we be friends?
      Why cant we be friends?
      and the songs goes on and on like that for like 14 minutes. Brad, you POed people, perhaps next time you should phrase the agrument better. Sometimes, atacking the person for what they believe in is not good. Im not on anybodys side, but it seems to me that both groups attacked each other instead of attacking the issue. This is common with debate. I understand that its hard not to get frustrated, but face it: we are all humans with differnt minds and paradigms. So, lets either A: Lighten up a little or B: Not do this kinda forum anymore. That is my opinion and Im sticking to it.
      Azen or Fred22
      In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Brad, I would love to start a correspondence with you via email or some other form of communication - including, perhaps the use of this forum. Perhaps if you and I engaged in a one on one on the issues that seem to be debated right now there might be some movement forward. Otherwise, it looks like we are stuck at a deadlock.

To further clarify, I do not mean issues of belief, which are your own and perfectly fine, but rather the issues of your behavior on this board.

//edit// If you would like to start it here, please simply list your grievances, and I will address them and ask you questions back as time permits.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Treaty? Hm. Sorry Brad, but I don't see a treaty. I see something along the lines of "We'll settle this my way or not at all." Sorry, but I don't want to agree to that. An actual _treaty_ is something that is negotiated by both parties. I see no negotiation room in your "treaty".

And Garrett wasn't attacking you - he was stating his observations. When did that become wrong?

-lostx in memory, Lisa
          You say there's nothing wrong with being proud. So tell me what you love, and say it loud.

Comment

dont you people see what your doing! you are helping him. he is doing all of the bad things so he can be called _the bad guy_ caz he likes it. you guys are giving him attention. if u really want to make a treaty brad think more like a friend and not like a mattice!

Comment

And this would be why I said we should just drop it.... Personally, I really couldn't care less about Brad's stupid treaty and whether or not it's reasonable. Brad: You're old news. People who think that Brad is not old news: He's old news, get over it.

*hums Beauty and the Beast songs* "Kill the Beast!" *hummmmm*
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

Why do we even care what he says/does/thinks? I mean, for a while there, I was all, "GRR evil insulting person!!" but now I've kind of come to. What the heck do I care? I don't know this guy, he obviously has some kind of attention-seeking complex, and I really don't mind who hates me so long as I have some good friends who like me. Since not really anybody likes him, I figure that, if he insults me, nobody will care or pay any attention to him. So why should I care? And why should anybody else care?

Comment

im ur friend Dee. at least i hope i am! we are good friends right? ok well i hope so.

and brad no one will really care if u insult them or say they dont know that much about star wars caz i know that ur insults are nothin to me! and i do know more stuff about star wars than u... and ya maybe people know more about me but i dont care bacause i know i know more than u. i just confused myself?!?!?!!?!?!?! and ur just looking for attention {dont ask me why but u are} oh well that is wat i have to say...........for now!!!

oh and the only person reffered to sith is Darth Revan and that is urs truley!

Comment

Of course I'm not attempting to pick a fight, brad, after all, you are the one controlling us all and you have gone through more than we can ever imagine. How could I pick a fight with one so perfect?
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

This is not a peace treaty, brad. A treaty is not any one party's, ownership goes to both sides, not just one. A good definition of it is thusly: "A compact or agreement made between two or more independent nations, with a focus on public welfare."

I don't know that this "treaty" of yours is for the public welfare. Your post just sounds like ego-boosting, or trying to save face. Yes, I agree that the issue should be dropped, but not in this manner. A treaty is not needed. Further, you called the treaty "Bradwart Peace Treaty". Now, that just sounds like it's only supposed to benefit you, to me. The way in which you worded your post sounded, to my mind, arrogant and pompous, as if you assume what will happen. As if you want everything to go your way. It sounds as if you are a spoiled child, faking complacency in order to regain privilages lost. Your further posts on the matter also do not seem well intentioned, as you continue to attack others. This is not a war, Brad. A debate is not a war. It is a friendly serious arguement between people who want to express their views.

I also agree that you created a stir. But you didn't have to say that, because that is stating the obvious. You hurt a lot of people. Were you in their shoes, you'd be pretty hurt, too. It's not fair to say things like that to people. Don't be so arrogant that you can't see the forest for the trees. I don't know what sort of hurt you've gone through in your life, to make you want to do that sort of thing to others, but I do know that throwing it back at someone else is wrong. After all of the hurt you yourself have felt, can you honestly say that hurting others makes you feel better? We all have lives outside of what we are in chat. You have a life, I have a life. But we come into the chats to be a community of like-minded people, because often-times in our lives, there ARE no like-minded people. And it gets depressing. So it is small wonder that those who were insulted by you reacted the way they did. Because they had expected to be accepted by everyone, expected to be able to put aside the intolerance. Yes, we all have different views, but that does not mean that we can not get along. We are all humans, we are all people. Religion, lifestyle, male, female, it doesn't matter. We are all PEOPLE. We live on this earth together. So why then can we not get along? You've turned this into a war. It's not a war. We are supposed to be a community, speaking civily about what we love. Learning, books, whatever it is that we love. Not fighting like children bent on getting the upper hand. Bent on being a "ruler". We are all equals here, no one person is more superior than the other. Especially not you, especially not anyone else. Equal, when in regards to a person means a person who is of the same standing with another in a group. Brad, I want to count you as my equal, but your attitude and your accusations and your general rudeness to everyone in general makes me want to call you not equal. I don't want that at all, because I think that you could be brilliant, if you would only use your talents for good, instead of to hurt others. If you would show some amount of respect for all people, some bit of sorrow for the amount of pain you have caused, you'd be a really great person. People would like to speak with you. They'd give you the attention you crave. I know you're lost. You don't know any other way to get that attention. But if you'd try my way, I think you would get better results. Being rude, and discrediting someone else's beliefs because they don't fit in with yours is not the way to go about that. I'm not saying you have to change your beliefs. I respect that you think that someone with other lifestyles is an abomination. I don't like it in the least, because I fear that you speak out of ignorance, that you aren't going to try to get to know the person, that you won't give anyone outside of your beliefs a chance. But I respect your beliefs because for you, they are valid.

I am even willing to give you a chance, a chance to change. Because even though you have hurt so many people, I believe that you can change. Honestly, it's a lot more credit than several others have given you. On that point, I disagree. Because there is always room for change. It's called growing up. It's called enlightenment. Call it what you will, but it is the only way for this to end. Not some "peace treaty", as if we are a warring nation. Because we aren't. We're all mainly kids, who see all of this intolerance around us, and wish for something better, so we come here, in order to find that tolerance. We are trying on different masks, finding ourselves. I want you to be able to find yourself. I think that everyone here can help one another to that end. My hope is that you can feel my pity, and my want to help you. I am not angry at you, because it is MY belief that you are ignorant in some things. I admit it about myself, all the time. And then I try to learn it, so that I am no longer ignorant. I fit these enlightenments, as I call them, into my bigger picture. I hope that you can do the same. I hope that you can grow as an individual from this experience. It is also my hope that through my words, I can touch your heart, and begin to start the healing that you deserve, because I know that you, as a teen, have hurts. I hope for all of these things, but mostly, I hope that you can grow as a person, to rise above these things, so petty in their existance.

If you have any questions about anything that I have written above, then do not hesitate to email me at winterdarkmoon@yahoo.com. If you want to flame me, then go ahead. Be warned that I will not pay attention until you wish to speak calmly and civily, as an adult for I do not have to debase myself in responding to childish outbursts. Nor do I have the time for those petty outbursts. But I do have the time if you want to speak with me as a rational even-tempered adult.

RhyanonSorenson
                      "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

Cousins,

bradwart will be absent from the Forums for a couple of months, so let's all go back to what we were doing before this started.

(sigh)
                        -- DD

Comment

Working...
                        X