?poetry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?poetry?

does anyone else here like to read or write poetry? i love to do both, and was just wondering who else did or didn't.

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
    Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

I like to write poetry, and read it. In 5th grade ACE my friends and I had to enter a movie contest and we did a "Good Morning America" based interview segment called Stan the Man and Ling (me) and Gizmo the story behind the rap. And Stan and Chris and I had to make a poem called "Stan's Drive In" and rap it even though it was a poem. It was real fun. And this year in ACE we have done 4 poems and I wrote a repitative on yesterday and put it in db''s quotes, poems, stories, and things..."

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
    "It's hard enough to be what you are, Harder to be what you're not; It's hard to know what you need to get, harder to know what you've got" -Hilary Duff, Metamorphisis, Workin' It Out
    ~Sam (Hifun55)~
    Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
    HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
    My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

cool. are we allowed to tell other websites in here? cuz i have a few poetry websites that r REALLY good.

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

yeah you're allowed, I like reading poetry especially when it is in books and it has to do with wars and stuff. But I havem't tried writing any...I will though...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
        "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
        "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

you should, and it doesn't have to rhyme or anything.

Comment

Yeah, db check the repetative poem I posted I doesn't rhyme, it only took me like 2 minutes to write.
            since you started this readingqueen do you mind if I post one of my short poems? It isn't great, but I got a hundred!

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
            "It's hard enough to be what you are, Harder to be what you're not; It's hard to know what you need to get, harder to know what you've got" -Hilary Duff, Metamorphisis, Workin' It Out
            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??

Comment

not at all! ppl can post as many of them as they want. it's what i put this up for.

Comment

Yes, quite a bit, as much as possible, whever bored. Some of it, according to my mother, is apparently quite good. *snorts* 'cause she's a really unbiased audience.... *grins* But i really love doing it. Hmm. *wanders off to find somethign*
                T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                --Agent M
                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

~Sam (Hifun55)~

Comment

Oh, I love to write poetry. I've done a lot and won a few prizes in 4-H...I do haiku, traditional quatrain (I think that's the term But y'all know what I mean.), and blank verse. Unfortunately, I don't have any on this laptop...I'll have to email some to myself so I can post here.
                    Hey Sam, do you mind if I comment on your piece?

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                    *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                    http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
                    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

No, I don't mind, I know they aren't great so you can diss them or praise them, I need to work on my rhyming words, but the rhyming dictionary said they rhymed so... Oh, well.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                      ~Sam (Hifun55)~

Comment

Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

sam-don't worry about it. you're poem is good, and they'll only get better as time goes on. beleive me, my first poems....ouch. yours are MUCH better, good work.
                          db-that is a really good peice. you should enter it into that contest! i bet it would win!
                          ok i'm gonna post a non rhyming poem too, and i'm sry if it's a bit depressing but....

who am i?
                          I can't seem to find myself
                          In this overwhelming darkness.
                          My anger and frustration flow of their own accord,
                          Cutting at my heart like daggers.

If only I could find myself,
                          If only I knew why my emotions are running free!
                          Sometimes I just wish it would end...
                          Wish I would end. Just 'cause it would be easier.

Easier than this chaos, easier than this internal war.
                          But I can't do more than wish it.
                          I could never do any more than wish for it.
                          So now I'm a coward along with a disturbed youth.

Why can't I see what's in myself?
                          Why is my mind so dark, my soul so drained?
                          I want this suffering to stop!
                          Please, someone end it. Help me, I beg!

I know that other people have problems too...
                          But they don't seem to be breaking down like me.
                          I wonder how we all hide our pain so well,
                          Or actually...why we hide it in the first place.

If I knew someone felt the way I do,
                          Then maybe this burden wouldn't seem so heavy.
                          But I don't, so still it crushes me down,
                          Leaving me alone except for my thoughts.

My thoughts. The one's that rip through me.
                          The thoughts of pain, hate.....love.
                          Thoughts that plauge my mind
                          And keep me awake at night.

You may read this and think that I'm psycho.
                          Or that I'm like everyone else, simply normal.
                          Perhaps I'm a poor mislead child!
                          Tell me who I am. Judge me. Answer my biggest question.

Tell me who I am.

Because I sure as hell don't know!
                          Give me a flashlight to lead me through my black soul,
                          But most of all...be there for me when I get my answer.
                          Because I'm afriad I might not like it.

Comment

~Sam (Hifun55)~

Comment

I think it is okay. I think it's also really sad. Who would feel that way? I can't write good poetry.

"Many that live deserve death,
                              Many that die deserve life"
                              -Lord of the Rings
                              "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
                              "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

Working...
                              X