Do you remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember?

For all of you older-bies out there, do you remember the "good old days?" (Geeze, I feel old saying that...) Not that there's anything particularly wrong with the good new days, but it feels like things have changed a lot from when I popped in on a daily basis. Again, this isn't a bad thing--all things change and evolve with time--but maybe I'm just caught in a fit of nostalgia or depression or who knows what...anyway, I figured I'd make a not-quiz to see if you're really as much an oldbie as you say you are...=P

Anyway, here's a few bits from forum history...

Do you remember?

--Me? I mean, like actually remember me, not just stories that may or may not have been passed around (though I still don't understand why people seem to enjoy doing that, I'm not that interesting). If you think you do, than did I ever join VGDawn? And if so, did I ever have a character? What was his or her name?

--Tumbleweeds? Ah, yes, the days of the tumbleweed and it's armies...Do you remember the TWoD? or it's minions? Pop quiz: Who started the tumbleweed craze, and was probably responsible for the "tumbleweed: *bouncing*" phenom?

--Foundations? Nita, Fox, and I take credit for this one...if you go back in the archives, you'll find the STTF. Do you remember what that stood for, and if so, do you remember what it was a refrence too??

--Skitten? "I can...confirm that "Gryphon" (if that's her real name) is, in fact, a Skitten, of the scientific name Scatius skittens. These creatures have been known to have ferocious temperments, especially when referred to by any one of thier scientific names. It is believed that consistant training of a Scat will make it docile to such a referring. Thus, help the Forums by training Gyrphon whenever you see her by calling her either a "Skitty," "Skitten," or "Scat." If you don't remember this, then just call Gryphon "Skitten." She'll remind you.

--When PM and Kathy were "baby mods?" Yes, there was a time before they were practiced, calm, composed moderators in charge of helping to keep things on track. Indeed, PM used to "accidentally" kick people (including Kathy) out of chat! Smoooth. But since you're our only source of bad english puns we'll forgive you.

--There are plenty more things, but seeing as my arms are incredibly sore (I went to work out with dad after not going for a year--OWWWW), I'm going to give it a rest...for now. Anyway, if you have any old memories which you'd like to dredge back to the surface, feel free. Then anyone relatively new can see just what insanity they have gotten themselves into...
    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

I remember the tumbleweeds, although the vast majority of the tumbleweeds and foundations happened while I was absent...in between my posting crazes.
    Anyway...this is for the really really oldbies, but who here remembers Aurora and Tui? It seems like they haven't been around for forever. The posting wars with Agent M and Tui? And the coffee shop and all the rest of the shops and stuff we made? Anyone? Or am I just really really old?
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Aahhahahaha it's Sharkyyy <3

Of course I remember you, :P Hey, I've actually been actively using AIM lately. I've just got a new screenname, and I see you online, but mostly you're away or something. Maybe I'll stop being a slacker and actually say hi sometime.
      Oh, and answer to question number one is whited out... 'cuz you'd think the owner of VGDawn would know what goes on in her own site. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Dwin! Didn't he start out as a reformed-theif type? With his massive Grayson/McGray (hah, pick one -- I don't remember which) family.</span>

Q2: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Allaaaa the aussie</span>
      Q3: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Save the topic foundation, I think. There was also a Sirius Is Not Dead foundation and all kinds of crazy things. Ahhh there were soooo many</span>

alksjfdklasjdklfjaskldjf <span class="ev_code_WHITE">there will be blood</span> asdlfkasd

5 & etc I've been here forever :P

Cress: that was happening when I was a newbie. I knew Aurie and Tui, but the posting wars were so old that I've only heard about them.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

And was anyone actually HERE for the funfuns, or am I the only person who goes back that far? Cause that was ugly. They started out small, just little funfun posts when I was hyper. And then I started breaking things. *looks sheepish*
        I'm hoping no one here is old enough to remember those.

Comment

Originally posted by sharklord:
          If you think you do, than did I ever join VGDawn? And if so, did I ever have a character? What was his or her name?
          Two of my characters were just talking about Eowen and Dwin's alleged wedding, and wondering if it'll ever happen, in a post I made there this week.

Who started the tumbleweed craze, and was probably responsible for the "tumbleweed: *bouncing*" phenom?
          Alla's still around, too. But the smiley she used isn't in this version of Chime.

I don't remember the topic initials. (Though I read Gryphon's answer, so I suppose I could cheat.)

..."Gryphon"
          Oh well, that's the end of Sharky.

Indeed, PM used to "accidentally" kick people (including Kathy) out of chat!
          Hey! I did not! It was entirely deliberate! *mutter* accidental indeed... as I said before, if I delete posts or even whole topics, I meant to do that... And it was only once that I kicked Kathy.

and Cress asked
          Anyway...this is for the really really oldbies, but who here remembers Aurora and Tui? It seems like they haven't been around for forever.
          I remember Aurora. She went off to college or something and was going to be too busy - or am I confusing her with 'Lissa?
          Oh, I remember when Tui was still posting here... this week, wasn't it?
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I meant when Tui was here ALL THE TIME...back when Agent M was around. Part of the posting wars. And she had thousands and thousands of posts. Cause I don't see her much anymore...

Comment

Sharky!

Hehe. I remember all of this, and it's even from actually being there, too. I only remember reading old togr posts of the stuff Cress mentioned, although I have met Aurie, M and Tui. I think Tui was still around a lot when I was a newbie.

Question one is great. *snicker* Some of the newbies have seen you in chat, I think, but would you believe there are newbies who don't know what VGDawn is?

I think the starting of the STTF was the only thing on the list I wasn't actually here for, but I remember when foundation-making was still going on.

I've seen a couple newbies mention tumbleweeds when chat was dead, but that was just chance, not because they'd read the injokes topic or had it explained to them by Alla or another oldbie.

Skitty hehehe *runs* you know the newbies catch on and call her Skitty for about a week every time you bring it up, right? It's terrible. XD (And you are not allowed to stay out of chat just to avoid her wrath, either!)

I remember when PM and Kathy were ordinary members. (Well, as ordinary as it's possible to be while also being a YW member. ) And, yes, I remember PM kicking Kathy out of chat.

AND. No posting once and then disappearing. You've already done that.

[ETA] Oh, and how many people remember the Other old username? I wasn't here for [whisper]marniebrown1[/whisper] but I remember M yelling at a couple people for calling her that.

*not going to mention that I used to have numbers on my userna- whoops.*

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Being new here, I want to thank all of you for the very helpful history lesson.
                Somethings are making so much more sense after this history lesson. </span>
                ~~~~~~~~
                Should the Transcendent Pig be reading this post...What's the meaning of life?

Comment

Hmm...#44 (that's Wild Flower for everyone else) has a point, so yes, I'll do a follow-up post so that I'll avoid her wrath, and further invoke the wrath of Skitten.

Anyway, I remember when PM and Kathy were normal members toooo!! That seems like a really, really long time ago. I also remember logging on and seeing the announcement about moderators being added and hoping I was one. *cough* (Which reminds me, I wonder if i've still got mod. status at VGDawn...) I also wondered if I had somehow been able to act as if I were 300 years old if I could've gotten picked. =P But then I realized that I might not be a great pick for moderator anyway.

DD was probably rubbing her eyes and groaning when you mentioned the funfuns, Cress. *looks upwards* Yes, DD, this is the readership you have embraced. I'm sorry...so sorrry... =P

Uh, does anyone remember the vast (or was it just me?) guessing game in terms of trying to determine Gryphon's general location? Or age? Or name? Or ANYTHING? The last I heard, we determined that she wasn't an alien attempting to usurp the presidency in an effort to rule the world.

Speaking of ruling the world, does anyone remember the Forum fan fiction? Not YW fan fiction, but the actual forum fan fiction. That was the stuff with Diego as an evil dictator trying to take over the world, and Gryphon as an agent who discovered VGDawn--a paralell universe...

And then there was the whole Diego vs. Childish1 thing...

And there used to be a time when we were celebrating the anticipation of 300 pages of TOGR goodness, and how if you missed it for even a day you'd be a dozen posts behind...

Oh, and I'm sane, btw...

Oh, and Skitty...your anger consumes you...
                  ~Sharky

Comment

Hey, don't be mean about the funfuns. You have NOOO idea how guilty I felt about those. Besides, it's a good lesson to those of the younger generation. I'm really surprised I didn't get kicked off...but now I'm a good little girl and don't funfun.

Comment

Gryph lives in an igloo in Mexico. Everyone knows that.

*sidesteps Poot* Oh, yes, and who remembers Poot? No one ever mentions him anymore, but we have more short posts than ever.

Sharkyyy those numbers don't exist and my name is _one word!_ asfkjfs. We have a member who calls me 44 now, you know. *coughSeancough. AndGigosometimes.* And now PM, who claims it's my fault for bringing up Marniebrown.

I remember Diego's forum fanfic. I can't remember if I joined when he was still writing it. I do remember the page 300 celebration; I just barely made it. My first post was on page 299.

Diego vs. Childish1 is the only thing I don't even remember reading about.

Okay, I was almost willing to admit you were a little bit sane, but you're just asking to be called crazy. Besides, Gryph and I need revenge. :P Yo, newbies, not that anyone else here is sane, but Sharky is _really_ not sane. If you're going to listen to him and call Gryph Skitty, then listen to us and call him crazy! One, it's true, and two, there are more of us <STRIKE>and we know karate</STRIKE>. <.< No threatening the new people...

With Sharky as a mod we'd have even more jokes about deleting togr. Bad thing. Plus, as if the newbies didn't believe him about things enough, he'd probably pass some rule about calling Gryph Skitty and him sane...

Comment

I did a fanfic too! I remember...it was fun...

And the thing with diego and childish one was in the chats! Remember how they were always having heated political debates with eachother?

I'm sorryyy, Cress, I didn't mean to reincarnate the funfuns...then they'd be unfun-funs...

That was funny! Laugh, all of you!

I can remember Poot!! *sigh* alas for the days when noone would dare post a one-liner...we should start reindoctrinating the young'ins.

And no, Flower, your name is two words =P and a number.
                        ~Sharky

Comment

OhEmGee! This has been the biggest trip down memory lane - well one of the biggest.

Sharky: I remember you I also remember that you're not sane and that you love to tease skitty.

Ah, the tumbleweeds I remember that craze - which is probably a good thing . *has fond memories of TWoD* - speaking of TWoD and his themesong - who remembers Telaldalin? and does anyone hear from her anymore? For those not in the know, Telaldalin wrote the Tumbleweed of Doom's themesong. It flies into the room . Oh, and WF - I think most of the tumbleweed mentions that the newbies have made have been because they've read the Injokes topic.

I remember when EF's name had a number on the end - I also remember when she had a different 'forum of the week' in her signature. I remember - not the start of the foundations, but I can remember asking about what 'STTF' stood for, and then being part of the competition to have the longest name for a foundation (Can anyone remember what the longest one was?)

I can remember trying to get Gryph to disclose her a) age, b) location and <STRIKE>c) intentions to rule the world</STRIKE>. Hold on, did I say that .

I remember the 'baby mods' and us constantly worrying that Kathy would accidentally manage to delete TOGR. And I remember the kicking 'test' that banned kathy from chat for a while (until Lee could fix it anyway).

What about the Phantomitising and Scarfitisng avatars . Ok, I'll go and sit in a corner now...

*comes back out of the corner when Poot is mentioned* Aiee! Whatever happened to our loveable forum demon? He must still be around - attacking short posters... I wonder if we should introduce him to certain members... Whoops, just noticed that sharky has suggested this too - I guess great minds think alike

Alla

Comment

LOL, I remember you sharky. i remember how everyone was upset when you stopped writing for Dwin on Vgdawn. I remember the tumble weeds and how much fun we had. I remember the Save the topic foundation. I remeber when Gryphon would get pissed out you for calling her skitty. I also remeber everyone calling you insane! LOL. I dont remember when Pm was a little mod, but then again I have only been around for 3 years. Anyways, nice to see u again!
                            In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Of course I remember you, silly! *huggles fluffy pink sharkie*

AND I remember ALL of that stuff! MUAHAHA!

And I remember Aurie and Tui. I only heard about the funfuns. Poot! He's only bothered me a few times, thank goodness.

*twirls around* I feel so...remembering-ish! Which totally isn't a word, but it is now! Muahahaha! Haha! Hah!
                              <3
                              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                              X