What are you up to these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you up to these days?

Me, I'm personally in the middle of getting my bachelors degree (bleh), working on my novels, and trying to balance life with work and fun. Still reading as much as ever but what else is new?

Me, I'm still playing at being "retired", and I certainly find things to do, but sometimes I'd quite like to be doing something that earned me money...

...and it's getting on for 01:00, which is a bit stupidly late. Just as well I don't have to get to work in the morning. Then again, maybe if I did I'd not stay up stupidly late. Or something...
    -- Rick.

Comment

Still working as a professional technical writer, and playing around with cameras on the weekends. I just got my first smartphone (iPhone 5S). Yes, I am a Luddite being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Attending a state university for Computer Science. Started taking general courses at the community college. Part-time during the school year and currently full-time for the summer, I work in the IT department for the high school I graduated from in 2012 doing a bit of everything... helpdesk, server/network infrastructure maintenance/upgrades, fixing dead computers/printers/whatever....

I sing in a community chorus that has concerts for Spring and Christmas. Other than that, and spending Saturdays with the one friend I still see nowadays, life outside of work/school is quite boring, yet somehow I feel stretched thin. Fascinating.

That said, I taught myself how to tune pianos a few weeks ago! The director of the chorus inspired me... long story short, we were at my grandfather's house with a piano that hadn't been tuned since 1980, and he tweaked just a couple notes so that they play in unison. I bought a tuning kit and taught myself and have worked on a few other pianos since. I'm not planning to make a career out of it, but now I can help out the handful of pianos that are around me if they tweaking.
        Last edited by EricG1793; May 26, 2015, 08:52:56 PM.
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Working...
        X