What would you be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you be?

Gryphon asked me what I do for a living. It got me thinking that maybe we needed a place to put what we wanted for ourselves. For when we either 'grow up' or grow bored of what we have become since we 'grew up'.

For me, I am not totally satisfied with myself and know that there is always room for improvement. I wanted to be many things when I was a kid. I wanted to be a beautician, teacher, computer wiz or a mother. Well, I sacrificed (for the greater good) everything to become a mother. As a young woman, I didn't realize the commitment my life's job was going to be. I am glad, being a mom, that I sacrificed my career. I know I couldn't have done both. I know many people who do, but I am not one who could.

So, the question becomes, what do you want to be when you 'grow up' or 'get bored'? And why?

----------------------------------------------
    I'd rather be a COULD BE
    If I could not be an ARE
    For a COULD BE is a MAYBE
    With a chance of reaching par
    I'd rather be a HAS BEEN
    Than a MIGHT HAVE BEEN by far
    For a MIGHT HAVE BEEN has never been
    But a HAS BEEN was once an ARE
    --unknown
    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

This is a good idea.
    What I want to be is subject to change. A lot. At first I wanted to be a journalist, but the types I've been looking into don't sound like they get much creative leeway, unless I write for a magazine like National Geographic, or Cicada. Now I think I want to be a teacher-- english, preferably middle school, but I know teachers bump around a bit. [I had my science teacher move up from six to seventh with me.] I love english, love to read and write, and like kids. I'd love to teach it.
    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Great idea!
      I want to work for National Geographic. I've always wanted to work as an archaeologist until I read City of the Beasts (GOOD BOOK!!) now I want to be a reporter for National Geographic. And I'm not changing. I used to change what I "wanted to be when I grow up" as often as I change avies.
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Ok well, there is no point in me tell you all what I want to be 'cause most of you all ready know. I want to be an Author !!!!!!!!!!!! I have wanted to be for quite sometime. And I will. My first book will be dedicated to all of you and on of my other friends!!! Loves and huggles.

~Lissa
        "We pray for our sorrows to end,
        and hope that our hearts will blend.
        Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
        And who knows:
        starting a new journey may not be so hard
        or maybe it has already begun.
        There are many worlds,
        but they

Comment

Well, good for you Lissa!!!

I have toyed with writing children's picture books and having my man do the artwork. Nothing has ever come of it, though.

I wish you all the best.
          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

I don't know what I want to be. My problem is more that I'm good at pretty much everything... My lowest mark is still an A, and that's in Art. o.O

I'm completely directionless in life... It doesn't matter that much though, I'm in grade 10 right now. Sciences are fun, especially chemistry, and I like English as well... and well... lots of stuff. *shrug* I've been thinking Accounting (maths... I don't love them, but I'm good at it) or Law... or politics. If I go to University in Ottawa, I'm going to take a year off to be a page in the Senate. Yup. ^^ I like Journalism as well, but I'd like to be one of those journalists that specialize in politics... or something like that... Magazine writing could be fun as well.

...I could never be a stay-at-home mother... In fact, I don't even know if I want to be a mother... o.O I figure I'll deal with that later, when I have to.

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I know I probably won't be a mom. I'm just not that kind of person. And (haha) everytime I see a little kid fall down or get hurt, I burst out laughing. Yes, yes, bad Gryphon. :P

I could never write a book for little kids. It would have to be for an older author. When I read books, sometimes I find myself anylizing it. How does the author write? The word choice, character construction, so on. And I look at what I like/don't like about a book.

Computers, writing... I love it. Math might be a good area for me, too, but I don't know. I'm completely undecided in what I want to be, and I don't like that.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I'm currently working at a charter school, doing tech support and various administrative and clerical duties. It makes me happy.

I'm also going to school to get my certificates in Web Programming, and Web Server Administration. After next (fall) semester, I'll be halfway there.
                  http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Okay Everybody join mni (go to Mugglenet.com and then click on mugglenet interactive and join!) It's so fun it's a really cool rpg for Harry Potter. You can publish books there (fanfic, not REaLLY publishing.) And have people buy them with virtual money (galleons.) I published a book called SpellCasters and I got 19 buys in 2 weeks!!!! Yay!!!!!!
                    Anyways I want to be a muscician I love to sing and to play piano so I guess I could be like Alicia and do both! I'm still depressed about my poor little laptop
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Tee hee. Once you start writing a story you can't help but anylize other books. tee hee. I do it all the time.
                      Me? A parent? No way.... I'm not exactly a little people person...
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

I like really little kids, but once they're older than 6, they're too much . I help out in the nursery at my church right now. I would like to be an author, but my stories aren't that good. I can start out pretty good, but then I just can't get back into the story. I want to set up a wildlife refuge, and take care of birds of prey and wolves. I have a strange fascination with those animals...
                        <3
                        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I would either be a singer/actress, a poet, or anything involving working with animals, plus I plan to join greenpeace or veganstreet. anyways, Here is one of my poems:

I was nearing the edge
                          It's time
                          my soul told me
                          I could taste it in the air
                          I could feel it all around me
                          I also felt the gaping darkness
                          I was oblivious to fear
                          but not intimidation
                          for I was so small
                          against the huge cliff
                          my Downfall
                          I knew it was time
                          so I took my leap
                          ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

veganchick, have you read the book Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot? You would love it, it sounds exactly like you. The girl is a vegetarian and she wants to join greenpeace. Read that Book!!!!
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I have read it!! The whole darn series, plus I've seen the disney movie. I love them!! but not as much as the young wizards series, wait, scratch that, differently, not more.
                              ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

Working...
                              X