Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather

Hurricane Charlie isn't the first time that I've heard weather reports from the States (And, rarely, the UK) and thought "Hmm, that's not cool... do I know anyone who lives there?" And of course you never know for sure if any of the thirteen people killed in Florida were anyone you knew. So...

Anyone from Florida affected by Charlie? Or elsewhere? My sympathies really go out to anyone who was and I hope that you're okay...
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Do you know what part of Florida it hit? I read in the newspaper about all the houses that were destroyed and the people killed, but I couldn't find what area it was in or who died. I have friends in Florida.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

The BBC's news website says:
      Punta Gorda, a town of some 15,000, took the full force of the storm, with few buildings left untouched.
      The item is on this webpage and there are links from there to other sites which I didn't look at, which might have more detail.

(The number of dead has been increased to sixteen now .)
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

The brother of a lady at my chruch died, and some of her relatives are injured.
        ~Rachel

Comment

Working...
        X