Travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling

Hello everyone I haven't been around in the past few weeks, because I've been finishing my honours thesis (I got a Distinction overall), applying for a job (I have got through to the interview stage, through three rounds of shortlisting! - I have an interview on Tuesday), and getting ready to head off to Europe and the Middle East for four months (I leave on the 6th August)! Which is the purpose of this post. If people have any suggestions regarding what to see and do in the area, or just regarding general travelling, please feel free to send them my way I'm new to this kind of travelling - for so long and so far away from home!

My friends and I will be backpacking through:
    • Ireland
    • Scotland
    • England (Only London and Bath for me, I'm spending another couple of days in Scotland)
    • Paris
    • Germany
    • Austria
    • Prague
    • Turkey, Syria and Jordan on an Istanbul to Cairo Tour
    • Egypt
    • Rome (for three days before I head home)

So yes, it will be awesome fun I have set up a blog, which I will try to keep up to date, and I am also setting up a group email list, which will probably mirror the blog posts, minus some of the photos. If you would like to be added to the email list, send me a private message, or an email (to alison.troup(at)gmail.com - replacing the (at) with @, of course), and I will add you . The blog can be found at http://mytimefortravel.blogspot.com.

Have fun Alla! My advice is to be careful, and enjoy yourself. Be sure to keep your money always on you somewhere, and have some means of keeping your belongings locked. I'm sure you've been told not to accept packages from strangers (especially at Airports or any border towns) When you're in the Middle East area especially - stay with your travel groups, you'll be safer. I may just be a paranoid person, but try never to be alone with anyone you don't know well.

If you get the chance, check out Stonehenge - I've heard it's unique... I love the pictures I've seen of it and hope to travel there someday...

Congrats on your Thesis, and good luck in the interview (just be yourself, that will win anyone)
    There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
    "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Wow... I wish I had the funds to do something like that. Right now I'm 36,000 dollars in debt and I'm adding another 6,000 so that I can pay rent while I'm student teaching. I hope you have a wonderful time. Always order the house special when you eat somewhere. You never know what you'll get or how wonderful it will taste. (got that advice from the travel channel)
      2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

Originally posted by alla View Post
        England (Only London and Bath for me, I'm spending another couple of days in Scotland)
        You may be able to take in Stonehenge as you travel between Bath and London, though I don't know how easy it'd be to stop there if you're relying on a coach...
        -- Rick.

Comment

We are going to Stonehenge - we've found a tour that runs to Stonehenge, Avebury and a couple of other places : http://www.madmax.abel.co.uk/ is the link.

Comment

*bump*

Just thought I would let you guys know that I spent this afternoon in Bray There are photos, which are being uploaded at the moment, for those of your on my facebook account, I will give links when can get them somewhere else. Was very cool - I walked the long way up Bray Head, and I think I've been slightly sunburnt. Didn't find any cute irish boys called Ronan, though Actually, I'm yet to see a cute irish boy, but the accents more than make up for it

Comment

Working...
            X