X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgar Allen Poe = Wizard of the 1800's

Facts which support the Edgar Allen poe was a wizard of the 1800's

Fact: the mysterious circumstances of his death:
    After the death of his 1st wife, (1847, tuberculosis), he became engaged to a girl form Richmond, and went to fetch his aunt, Mrs. Clem (baltimore), fo rthe wedding. On the way, he encountered something- no one knows what, and was found dirty, injured, and sick, and was taken to the hospital. He dies 4 days later on October 7, 1849. He was 40 yrs. old.

Conjecture: Something obviously wanted him dead; I'd say iy was supernatural. After all, he was fairly young to die. He provably has a particularlly bad battle.

Fact: Nearly all of those he got close to dies of Tuberculosis, but he never contracted it. Some say he was a carrier.

Conjecture: Cound be a clue tool; after all, Nita's mom dies of cancer. Perhapps he had been cursed and didn't know what to do aobut it, or had to allow their sacrifice to save to world, or parts of it, at large.

Fact: his clearly deep understanding of the human psychie
    Conjecture: skill with manipulation

Fact: His writing ability in general
    Strongly evinced maturity in writngs, at an early age. (12-15) (if any of you are poets, you'll know what I mean)
    He believed poems were meant to be "the rythmical creation of beauty"

Conjecture: as I said on a post in the creative writer's circle, one must be master of one's own mind, before one can be master of other worlds. (read into that as far as you wish).
    (the facts get hard-core form here)

Fact:you must read his stroy Mesmiric Revelation (look any of his writings up at www.worldwideschool.com)
    he reffers to God as, The One.
    Basically, a dying guy is hypnotized, then is asked all sorts of questions about God and existance, and gives insightful responce.
    He also mentions, in his story, the inhabitants of Venus.

Conjecture: knows more than his tells, but he actually does tell. (that's also how I operate)
    Terminology has not changed much

Fact:The theories he expresses in "The unparralleled adventure of one Hans Pefaall" are also in need of your attention.

Conjecture: he provably mind traveled very much (maybe)

Fact: In "sonnet- to science", he accuses the scientific attitude of riving the creations of the imagination form the world.

Conjecture: need I say more? In fact, the more of his work I read, the more proof I find.

Fact: look at The Power of Words
    it is a conversation between two angels after entropy.
    If the title does not say enough, it discusses the infinity of matter, and "as no thought can perish, so no act is without infinite result"
    in both this and Mesmiric Revelation, Poe pushes that all motion is thought, and the source of all thought is God.
    says the earth was spoken into birth.
    at the end, it become unclear whether or not he intended his character "Agathos" to be interpreted as God.

Conjectures: all clues were directly stated by Poe; so I needn't say more on them.

Also, just read The Imp of the Perverse, by my suggestion, so it doesn't get to you, for as a child, I suffered from it at times.

You may consider this a simple opinion, but I want to know if you agree with me or not, and if you have anything to contribute the the theory I am have established.

Conjecture
    The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Now that's an interesting topic to discuss. What are writers that you've felt were wizards? Sometimes I think that writers of certain Fey stories could be. Like Cassandra Clare. Edgar Allen Poe strikes me as a pessimistic writer that could still live on THROUGH his writings and make it seem real for other people. Having a gift to write and make something come alive for others makes him a bit of a wizard in my book. He was a talented writer.
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

As far as the pessimisticness of Poe's writings, many people write to rid their minds of the things which haunt them. Perhaps the creatures and scenarios were parodies of his own experiences. That is what I tend to do with my writing.
      Off the top of my head, I can only think of 2 or 3 more writers whom I have seen this way: Ann Fine (I don't know if that's spelled right, b/c I read the book in question (Bad Dreams) 8 years ago; and definately Mark Twain (his work speaks for itself).
      The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Comment

Hey, you have a point! I've often read stuff, usually fantasy, and think the author must know more than they're telling. I've never thought of Edgar Allen Poe that way before, probably because I haven't read much by him, but form what I have, I see what you mean.
        -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
        -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
        -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

Working...
        X