Smiley War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiley War

[edited to reduce ad infinitum repetition of smilies and triple post of same to something more bandwidth friendly/legible. Just image the first three screenfuls full of animated smilies, and you'll realize that the outrage of the members below was completely justified. Also de-all-capped thread title--kli]
    "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
    The sun also rises,
    The day goes on."

Ooh, I am going to KILL YOU!!!

Guys. Seriously. WTF??? These are no better than the funfuns- actualy, they're WORSE, because they're animated. *rages* I keel you!!

I hate my 'Nasty nag' image. But just deal with it 'cause it ain't going away.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yes, Tui is right. What's the point in smilie armies anyway?????

I will keel! Tui will keel you! And I hope Lee Keels you too!!!!
      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

What's wrong with a smilie war? I would do it, but, I don't want to be killed. How long did it take you to do that, Defender?
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

"These are no better than the funfuns- actualy"
          NOT THE FUN FUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams* I KNEW CRESS IN "RL" AND SHE WAS SCREAMING "FUN FUN!!!!" FOR WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          *runs away to hide in a corner*
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

nitafan: what's wrong with it is that it's a waste of bandwidth that DD pays for out of her own pocket. Try to keep in mind that this board's purpose, its reason for being, is Young Wizards discussion. People come here because they like to read the books, and want to talk about the books to other fans. Not to have smiley wars.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Oh, sorry........
              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
              **Neets**
              CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

S'okay. It takes everybody a while to figure this stuff out. The rules in the FAQ area don't cover everything, but basically the reasoning behind the rules is simply trying to make this board a better place for YW fans, and the basic wizardly tenet of not wasting energy and feeding entropy.

This is also why some folks were grumbly over the one-liners and banana topics and the like. The thing is, it's ok to have fun and do goofy things and be off-topic occasionally (or constantly switching topic in the case of the ToGR). But try and balance that with whether it's something any YW fan can join in on (newbie or not), and if it's YW-related.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

YEA! We SHOULD stop this smily war!!!! it takes up 2 much bandwidth!!!!!
                  A SPAZ named TOP

Comment

Okay there's only 1 way to end a war peacefully. A truce...

I solemnly swear to end this war...(yes it's very simple but whatever it's not the Revolution.)
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

And I might also point out that {ahem} oversized avatar graphics and one-liners are also among the no-nos in the FAQ... But I won't.

Comment

Someone has a lot of time on their hands...
                        ~Rachel

Comment

TOP: but isn't that a tortoise?

....anyway....

We don't do things like smiley wars becasue if you do, POOT WILL GET YOU!!! AND MAKE YOU TYPE BECAUSE AS BECASUE!!! ARRRRGH!!!!!!!!

Comment

Semi: NO!! NOT TORTOISE!!! TURTLE!!!! TURTLE!!! RED-BELLIED SLIDER!!! TURTLE!!!!
                            A SPAZ named TOP

Comment

Uh... Hehe. I've known TOP for a long time, and I've gotta warn everyone: DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TURTLES THAT WILL MAKE HER ANGRY! (she will keel you!)

Oh, and TOP, oneliners are evil! I keel you! *hits Poot with shoe* and, you see this?
                              -> my smilie. no steal it! no! you can use it, but not steal it! Buahahahahaha!
                              Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

Working...
                              X