Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Seen the Wikipedia Article on DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Seen the Wikipedia Article on DD?

I saw an article on Diane Duane in the wikipedia, and i looked through it.

it's pretty cool, and it's handy because it has lists of forthcoming books and books already written by her..... lot's of good stuff. what do you think about it?

it's at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Duane
    ___

wikipedia's pretty cool, especially because if it dosen't have an article on something, you could sign up amazingly quickly and write your own article on the subject.

[edited to consolidate double-post. --kli.]
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

*looks at the history* Hmmm, what did I edit? Garrett added the comment about David Gerrold's overture, not me. I should have made a note of what I added. Oh, minor text edits.

And someone with the username "Diane duane" has edited it a few times, too.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

cool. i wrote a article about the really rare breed my dog is. really. it's under Danish swedish farmdog, but it pretty much sucks.... haven't had time to really work on it.

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Murray:
        *looks at the history* Hmmm, what did I edit? Garrett added the comment about David Gerrold's overture, not me. I should have made a note of what I added. Oh, minor text edits.

And someone with the username "Diane duane" has edited it a few times, too.
        Why make a note of what you edited? The history makes it pretty easy to find. :-)

I pinged Diane once to find out if that was her or a fan, but never heard back.
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Wikipedia is good, but who's seen her Uncyclopedia article I think we even have a forum entry there, I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
            Why make a note of what you edited? The history makes it pretty easy to find. :-)
            I meant that I should have said what I edited in the description field, so it would have appeared in the history. I had to use the compare option to see what I'd actually added.

Oh, and I never got round to registering there, despite editing this and the Irregular Webcomic page. So I just show up as an IP address, not a name.
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

the oldies are taking over!!!!!

(to self, because i know what you would answer) is that a good or bad thing?...........

Comment

in case you had the strength of mind to finish the Diane duane link at uncyclopedia, but were unable to head over to the YW factoid there here is the link: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Young_Wizards... its not that bad, but still... don't go reading the rest of the site without a good half hitch knot for a brain, anything less WILL melt, no kidding
                "Absurdity is the spice of life, the little things that always make the one being absurd laugh, and no one else"-me, being serious
                Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him alight and he's warm for the rest of his life ~ Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Now, how did ya'll manage to forget Sigma chat? It's the original! The penultimate! The "good old days", if you will.

Also, if it's going to be a forum-related entry, it cannot exist without Poot! Poot is...he's the essence of the n00b squishing!

*sigh and eyeroll* non-oldbies...
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Strictly speaking, you aren't supposed to edit articles about yourself; there was a big flap on the subject a while back, especially since it was one of the Wikipedia staff who did it. But it may not be such a big deal for regular articles; still, it's a little ethically iffy to touch it too much.

Wikipedia's fun. The Volkswagen article had my fingerprints all over it for a bit and still somewhat does, although I haven't edited it (or much of anything else) much lately. But it's nice to be able to see a goof in almost any article, duck in and fix it, and be done in five minutes.
                    -----
                    Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
                    "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

I have never seen it...before?
                      Nor, I naver go on wilkapedu thingy!
                      I don't know why I just ... don't... ^_^

Comment

I think I saw the Wikipedia article, though I don't remember it if I did. I do know I saw the Uncyclopedia article. That was pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                        X