X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone surf here?

Does anyone surf here or live in HI?

[edited to de-tilde thread title --kli.]

*snicker* I tried it once, then decided I wanted to keep my parts where they were for awhile. I do body board. Bit more my speed. I live by the beach.
    Er, this may be completely wrong, but doesn't meteorite live in Hawaii? Maybe I'm thinking about another person, or another forum entirely.
    Do you surf?
    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Yeah meteorite lives in Hawaii! I want to live in Hawaii!!!!
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I've never tried to surf, but it looks fun. No places to surf where I live...no ocean, just lakes...lakes...lakes, they never end.

I've never been to Hawaii either. But I want to.

Comment

You know, I just found out that Raglan New Zealand is one of the best places to surf in the WORLD? That's pretty cool. Too bad surfing relies on so many random factors. The article in Wired said that there's a guy who figured out how to make indoor surfing pools with UBER waves, every time. That's pretty cool. If one's nearby, I might try that someday.

Comment

Raglan? Yeah, I suppose. I'm too much of a wuss, and too unco-ordinated, to surf- but lots of my older (boy) cousins do, or used to.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I tried boogie boarding several years ago. After repeated face plants and eating of sand, I decided to stick to just swimming. If I tried to surf, I'd probably kill myself. OTOH, kite-surfing looks fun. If I weren't such a old fut, I'd try it. *sucking dentures noisily* On the other side of our island is one of the best locations in the world for kite and wind surfing, Ho'okipa Beach.
              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Ooh, boogie boarding, that's fun!

only it might not be the sort you mean- the sort I mean is lying on your stomach and catching waves. S'great fun.

Comment

That's body boarding tui. Boogie Boarding involves a board, rather than just on your swtomach. I don't really care for swimming in the ocean. Bugs my eyes, you see. More fun than chlorine though, I'll give you that.
                  http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Oops, sorry, I meant lying on a board- sort of a chopped-off one- on your stomach. I'm stoopid sometimes, yess...

Comment

Working...
                    X