Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which religion is the right one for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which religion is the right one for you?

The quiz is here http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907

Post your stats here.

My stats:
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

I like the idea of Wicca or paganism, but I truly know almost nothing about it, and I've been raised Catholic, so I instinctively believe more in male dominated religions, but then I get mad at them and start going on about how cool Goddess religions are.
    Anyway, my stats.
    <table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='300'><tr><td> You scored as <b>agnosticism</b>. You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).

Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.<br><br></td></tr></table><br><a href='http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907'>Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)</a><br><font face='Arial' size='1'>created with <a href='http://quizfarm.com'>QuizFarm.com</a></font></table>
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Some of my friends are Wiccan and Buddhist. I like the idea of Buddhism and Islam, kind of Hinduism...because I like how they can pray to specific gods, I only wish in Hinduism there is only 1 good and lesser spirits maybe. Here are my results.
      Buddhism71%
      Hinduism71%
      Islam63%
      Christianity63%
      Judaism54%
      agnosticism42%
      Satanism42%
      Paganism38%
      atheism13%

Eh. I fixed it see!
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I think that's a really cool quiz.

Results:

Atheism is at top, followed by Paganism. It's kinda creepy to see Satanism close up. I'm going to take that again, because some of the answers, after I chose them and continued on, I thought a little bit more and decided it wasn't really my opinion.

I don't beleive in any god; I see things as more random, unpredictable, and that no "higher being" has a part in any of this. I beleive that humans aren't that far from animals, but they're much more complex and have a lot more brains, emotions, understanding, if only because that's how people evolved. I don't beleive eating animals are wrong. Animals eat each other, right? Abortion is not wrong. Religion isn't bad, and, because usually they have a lot of values, religion helps people. Plus, it's a backbone for someone to lean on when they feel they have no hope. I think suicide is even a sin in Christianity. I do, however, beleive that religion leaves a person with a narrower view of the world; it would be harder to accept that maybe there's not really a god. Also, I think praying won't help anything, but it's hope. Like, for example, praying for a successful job interview. It's the person's choice whether you're hired or not. If a higher being has control over your thoughts and opinions, well... That fits right in with why I hate books that rely on prophecies. That would suck if your life was layed out in front of you; that would mean you'd have no free will. Also, if everyone beleived that, there'd be no punishments for crimes. They were destined to do that! I trust myself more than anyone else when dealing with my future/ world, but I'd rather not focus all of my life on politics and all of that, so I have to give control over to someone else. Meditation... nawww. I'd get bored. XD I beleive that Jesus really did exist, but that nothing supernatural happened. I think of evil as, well, I don't see people as evil, only actions. As for not harming living creatures, well, killing termites like yesterday. Everyone is responsible for what they did unless they're off balance. Also, what you consider to be bad may not be that way in another culture.

Second time: (Uhh... Now Satanism is in 2nd)

Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

"You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul. Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the lack of existence of a higher being, or God."
          I knew I was an atheist, yes. Don't know about anyone praying for me.
          Atheism 100%, then
          Satanism 88%, Buddhism 67%, Islam 67%, Paganism 54%, agnosticism 50%, Judaism 38%, Christianity (which I was brought up as!) 17% and Hinduism an incredibly low 0%.
          Hey, what about Shintoism? Some of my answers ought to hint that way as much as paganism.
          Originally posted by Gryphon:
          I think suicide is even a sin in Christianity.
          I think they've lightened up a bit on that. People who committed suicide used not to buried in the consecrated ground of the cemetery, but had their own unconsecrated burial area. Apparently that doesn't still apply - or not for the Church of England, at least.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

lol, PM, we got the same percent on Satanism.. yikes...

Oh mighty diabolical lord Gryphon, please edit your post you messed up the whole topic with the HTML.

29% Christian... and here I am studying with Jesuits... :S
            Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Mine is pretty much Z's flipped upsidedown. XD

I kinda umm... killed the board. I took screenshots of each, so now they're in easy to read bar graphs.

I guess what's notable about my two graphs is that agnosticism has changed spots. I have same percent of Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, atheism, Satanism, Judiasm, and Buddhism. Paganism and agnosticism changed a little.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I scored what most people seemed to get for the first choice... Atheism! For some really wierd reason, I got Islam as my second choice... ??? ... I have no idea. Satanism is my third choice, which is wierd but reasonable, then Paganism, then Judiasm, and at the very bottom is Christianity.

To me, religion is just a theory that humans created to explain the unexplainable. Since mankind has grown so much more knowledgable in the recent centuires, there is less and less need for religion. I expect (you can argue if you like, it's just my opnion) that there will be NO religion in a few hundred years.

Comment

I've taken this at least twice before. It keeps changing, though. Lesse what I get this time.

Atheism. Don't remember what I got the first time, but last time I had Satanism first. I forget what it said... something along the lines of "Don't panic". Heh.

Comment

You scored as Buddhism. Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already.

Then I got ... athesism and then satanism... hmmmn

Comment

I got 92% Christianity, then 50% of both Buddhism and Islam. Judaism was next with 38%. At the very bottom was aethism with 0%.

Yeah. Ya'll pretty much already knew that about me.

Gryphon:
                      I think suicide is even a sin in Christianity.
                      Yes, suicide is considered a sin in Christianity. It's murder, even though it is yourself.

Gryph (again):
                      Also, I think praying won't help anything, but it's hope.
                      I believe in the power of prayer. I think that God hears all our prayers, but in the end His will will be done. I don't know how to explain all this... *shrug*

I go by faith.
                      <3
                      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Buddhism.

Then Islam.

Atheism came fourth. Or something.

Comment

Shesh, I'm Christian and got Islam. I myself do not like the Islamic religion so thats pretty scary. Whats scarier is satinwhatever camein very close to the top! I will stick to what I believe. I believe in God and Jesus and I'm a Christian and proud of it!

I know lotsa ppl are gonna go and bad mouth Christinaity now but I am entitiled to my opinion and mine happens to be Christianity.
                          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                          **Neets**
                          CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

To me, religion is just a theory that humans created to explain the unexplainable. Since mankind has grown so much more knowledgable in the recent centuires, there is less and less need for religion. I expect (you can argue if you like, it's just my opnion) that there will be NO religion in a few hundred years.
                            I agree with you in everything except that there wll not be religion in a hundred years. I doubt that'll be true because there will always be things left unexplained, and there will always be humanity's need to explain them.
                            Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Religion won't die out. I'm sure of it. It seems to me that in coming years the world will have more need for religion for more hope in a better place.

Oh. On mine, satanism was next to the bottom.

Nita: *huggles*
                              <3
                              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Working...
                              X