Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics

What do you thing the government is doing wrong.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
    *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
    *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
    *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
    *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
    *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
    *Many have come and go

What do you thing the government is doing wrong.

*Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
    *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
    *Many have come and go

Comment

Have you ever heard this saying?
      There are three things to stay away from in a conversation: religion, politics, and rabid penguins.
      Okay, so I made the penguins bit up. I couldn't remember the third thing.
      Anyway, my point is that these topics cause arguments far more often than not.
      Excepting the penguins, of course...

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
      -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Religoin? That causes big fights. First of all, atheists rule. Some for politics. I think everything is wrong with the government, starting with Bush. And rabid penguins... "Cute, cudily and- Ow it bit me!"

Stay off those topics! Unless ya wanna be chewed out by the almighty GRYPHON!!!

Eeeheehee

-MaThFrEaK
        "Hehehe. You smell funny."
        "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
        "Izza mousey!"
        ~Gryphon~
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Yes.... I'm agnostic,and typically don't mind other religions, but I don't like it when people attempt to convert me... that just makes me angry, and then I tend to blow up at them... I know a lot about religion, and the reactions to me blowing up are usually either really really angry, or crying.

Politics are fun! ^^ I like politics!

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

Um, yes. Proving my point. Let's talk about...er, chocolate, shall we?
            Something nice and neutral and unlikely to inspire giant flame wars at any rate. I mean, I think there's pretty much every religion possible here, and politics is a dodgy subject at best. So...please everyone, for ppc-chan, be nice...

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

God, I get so POed when people try to Christianize me. The buttheads! And I say 'god' out of habit, sadly.

Chocolate! Omigawd, PPC, chocolate rules!!!!!!!!

Chocolate=happy Gryphon

-MaThFrEaK
              "Hehehe. You smell funny."
              "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
              "Izza mousey!"
              ~Gryphon~
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

*bangs head against wall* Please...can we stop talking about religion right now? We've already had a few inflammatory conversations, and we really don't need any more. Thank you.

Yes, chocolate does rule. It is good for people. Especially me.

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

I like talking about politics and religon. It's just important that people understand not to push ideas on people. It's also important that others know that when someone argues for their point of view, they aren't trying to prove others are completely absolutely wrong. At least, they shouldn't be trying to do that. I like to discuss religon and politics as long as others know I'm not trying to insult anyone/anything. To me, it's a way to find out more about other religons and politics; I really don't know that much about politics at all. But I'll stop talking about that now.

Yes, chocolate is absolutely awesome. The only bad thing about it is that I don't somehow have enough money to buy enough chocolate to be happy. Therefore, whenever I get chocolate, I make sure I don't scarf it all down...or at least I try to spread it out. And I usually do. Except for the times when I don't.

Comment

Yes, actually, I enjoy debating religion too. (Not politics tho--never been into that sort of thing. But I'm sure if I took the trouble to be politically aware I'd enjoy debating that too.) But...well, does anyone remember the courtroom thing M set up? (I have a point, I promise.) We debated whether Harry Potter was evil or not. Aurora and I were assigned the task of proving he was. Now, both of us like Harry Potter and neither of us believe he's evil. It was the least offensive debate possible.
                    The point is, people got offended by that debate. I think a few even went mildly capslocky. So how are we going to debate religion and politics without making enemies?

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

I totally agree with ppc...PLEASE change the topic. Okay hmmm a topic where we can all yell at each other on other than polotics and religon...how about music! Anyone who likes Kenny Chesney will make me lol them about 3 million times. Oh Yeah! People think I'm wierd because I think Christina Aguilara's singing is good. I don't like her though. I think some good advice for heris to mabye where a shirt and where a pair of pants that don't show your underwear...

The monkey made me do it!
                      ~Z~
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I know what you mean...like, it's not as if I think Britney Spears is a good role model or that her songs lately have been particularly brilliant either morally or musically, but I like a few of her earlier songs. And I don't think that's a crime...but people look at me funny because of it.
                        Hmm...other music stuff...
                        Am listening to Lifehouse right now. Good times.
                        i'm living for the only thing i know
                        i'm running and not quite sure where to go
                        i don't know what i'm diving into
                        just hanging by a moment here with you

[This message was edited by papercrane on 28 February 2004 at 17:40.]
                        --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

I think cheeze is the ultimate meaning of all life. I have friends who will back me on this one, you know.

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

If you can't spell my name, go ahead and call me semi or S-chan. I don't mind, really.

Visit my deviantart site at semiramis.deviantart.com ^.^v!

Comment

Goat cheese is good. Especially toasted until it's about the consistency of very tender chicken.
                            And no, 42 is the ultimate meaning of life.

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Ewwwww! Cheese is nasty! (Thinking of GreenBayPackers and shakes head) Chocolate, friends, and family are the meaning of life!

The monkey made me do it!
                              ~Z~
                              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X