Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What order did you read the series?

What order did you read the series?

I have not been able to read them in order <,>-<,> because I check them out of the public library and I cant control the order I them sent to the library I go to.

My order is

WAl
    DW
    HW
    BONWM
    TVTQ
    WD
    SYWTBAW
    HW (re-read) (have not gotten to library to get more books)
    DW (re-read) (have not gotten to library to get more books)
    WD (re-read) (have not gotten to library to get more books)
    ~~~
    No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

i read AWAL first then read them in order and now re-reading them.
    the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

I'm basically reading them in order, except that I read wizard alone as my third book. I'm afraid I'm getting them out of the library two.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

ya, if I did not get all my books I read from the library, I would be broke since I am a fast reader, I have read aprox 40 books since last April (if I recall correctly)

It also does not help since I am getting them from the library, I dont always get to the library in time to pick it up
        ~~~

Comment

I saw SYWTBAW and it looked interesting so I picked it up and read it. I loved it. Then I found out it was the first book in a series and so I have read all of them in order.
          Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
          I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
          If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

the library is my second home. everything i read comes from there then i save money and by my favorites or get them for christmas or my birthday.
            the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

In order. I got the first for my birthday, and the rest from the library. I love the fact that I can go online and put a book on hold that's at another library, then pick it up at mine. Saves lots of time, since my library didn't have all the books.
              "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifu:
                In order. I got the first for my birthday, and the rest from the library. I love the fact that I can go online and put a book on hold that's at another library, then pick it up at mine. Saves lots of time, since my library didn't have all the books.
                Ya, I put them on hold at the library, but I tend to put the entire series on hold at the same time, so they dont always come in in order
                ~~~

Comment

i never have my library card, so I always go to put stuff on hold. since i have my number memorized.

Comment

Originally posted by singer:
                    i never have my library card, so I always go to put stuff on hold. since i have my number memorized.
                    funny, I did the same, I lost it, and refused to get a new card for like 3 months, until I finaly broke down and got a card since the libarians started giving me a hard time (exspelly requiring a driverlicenses if you dont have your library card), which I dont have
                    ~~~

Comment

here, i'll have to save up $50 bucks to replace mine and it's easier to tear the whole apart looking for it then raise that much money.

Comment

I got them from my library so I read AWAL first. After that, well I can't remember. It seems to often happen with me that I will never be able to find the first book unless I start reading the series out of order. Oh well, such is life.

Comment

ok, my library finaly got the WAb and WAW on the hold shielf for me, so I am currently reading WAb then plan on reading WAW

so here is my updated order:

WAl
                          DW
                          HW
                          BONWM
                          TVTQ
                          WD
                          SYWTBAW
                          HW (re-read) (have not gotten to library to get more books)
                          DW (re-read) (have not gotten to library to get more books)
                          WD (re-read) (have not gotten to library to get more books)
                          WAb
                          WAW (not yet read)
                          ~~~

Comment

i had to go out and buy WAW. set me back $17.00

my library system hasn't gotten it in yet.

am I the only one in Arkansas?

Comment

I read High Wizardry first. I picked it up at a KMart (I think) on a trip with my parents, something like 10 years ago, because I thought it looked interesting and I needed something to read.

I didn't really understand it, because there are a lot of things that make more sense after you've read the first two books, but I really liked it and just kept rereading it (because that's what I do with books I like).

I'm sure it was a year or more before I realized it was part of a series.

After that, I read them all in order.

The first three are still and will probably always be my favorites.

Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X