Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantis

I recently re-read the entire YW series (for at least the eighth or ninth time, I think ) and noticed something about Atlantis/Afallone. In DW, the Song gone wrong is the reason for Atlantis sinking. Later, in AWD, when Kit is asking the Pig where "she" is, the Pig says, "Nita or her mother?...Last time someone asked me a question phrased that way, Atlantis fell." (This isn't verbatim, I'm not _that_ good.)
    What I was wondering about is, how did that work? Did the ambiguous question somehow lead to the Song's failure?
    Thanks,
    Maria

I noticed that too and truthfully I'm not quite sure how the question worked with the Song's failure, and I wish that we could ask DD so she could explain the situation; what I do remember is how S'ree said that many wizards were lost when Atlantis fell, powerful ones at that, so I'm not certain of how the question and Atlantis are related. I'm sorry mariak.
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

This is just a theory, but maybe one of the Wizards involved in the song that failed asked The Trascendent Pig a question about the song to help it be successful. The question might have been of a similar nature to Kit's questions. Maybe it was something like "Where/Who is the one that will make this song a success".

Anyway, maybe the Pig answered and this lead to the Wizard who asked the question to do something they would not have done if they had came up with the answer by themselves. Wizardry is all about choices and making decisions. Just like how Nita couldn't tell Memiki what the right answer was or else She would not have become the Hesper. Maybe the Wizard that asked The Transcendent Pig the questions was suppose to come up with the answer on their own, but because they didn't, the song failed and Atlantis fell.

But, thats just my theory.
      "But your dark Master has neither authority nor right to judge us. Therefore stand away, lackey, and keep silent in the presence of your betters."

Comment

The question asked is very ambiguous. It's clear as mud. Maybe it caused trouble because it's unclear, as it is stressed from the very beginning of the series that when doing anything related to wizardry, you need to be certain you did everything precisely. For example, names have to be correct in spells or the person being described will change. Sorry if that's confusing, I didn't word it very well. I would make a bad wizard.
        "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

I think it has something to do with ambiguous pronouns. Doesn't the Pig say, "Maybe the Universe favors younger wizards because they haven't got their pronouns sorted out yet."
          Combined with the idea that imprecise phrasing can cause BIG problems (the asteroid belt used to be a planet until one of the Powers mis-conjugated a verb-AWAl)...well, it must have been a question in the Enactive Form, maybe asked when the Pig wandered in during the Song.

Or maybe not. It IS transcendent, so perhaps this is a different sheaf of universes or a different layer of time or a possible past or something...

I'm actually more intrigued by the line, "I'm a sucker for young...well, young people in your situation." Same book, chapter, etc...

Young whats? "Wizards" seems way too easy and it doesn't really fit.

Sorry, off topic.
          Last edited by SilveredBlue; March 4, 2010, 12:16:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X