Wishing the wizardly world was real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing the wizardly world was real

Have any of you ever wished it was real??? I am finding that I wish it was more and more which is really odd for me because I am christian and dont have any desire to change my relegion (which it defentally sounds like it would). So have any of you others wanted it to be real and how much do u wish it was???

Okay next question if it was real... if we lived in that world would you take it up on the offer. Before you just say yes remember that there are few rewards and a hard life involved in it. I still think I would... to talk to a tree at least once would be cool. Not to mention Ive always wanted to be powerful and I cant be powerful physically so to be powerful magically would be cool. So what do all of you think.
    Bryan

PS Hope I didnt confuse you to much there I realise my grammer sucks and so does my spelling but not so much up there.

Have any of you ever wished it was real??? I am finding that I wish it was more and more which is really odd for me because I am christian and dont have any desire to change my relegion (which it defentally sounds like it would). So have any of you others wanted it to be real and how much do u wish it was???

Okay next question if it was real... if we lived in that world would you take it up on the offer. Before you just say yes remember that there are few rewards and a hard life involved in it. I still think I would... to talk to a tree at least once would be cool. Not to mention Ive always wanted to be powerful and I cant be powerful physically so to be powerful magically would be cool. So what do all of you think.
    Bryan

PS Hope I didnt confuse you to much there I realise my grammer sucks and so does my spelling but not so much up there.

Comment

yes, you have no idea how many times I've wished it was real, I eish it was so real, that in my mind I imagine what it would literally be like. As for your second question yes, I would absolutely take up the offer, I mean helping the universe so it lives longer, you bet.Just because you wish something is real doesn't mean you have to change your religion.

I can think of nothing right now
      Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever looked? Will you ever imagine what actually is? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.

Comment

Bryan, I know exactly how you feel. I'm a Christian too, and it does seem like a huge conflict. My main concern is my mom, b/c she will kill me if I am even thinking about this stuff (she's really devout). The hard part about the whole thing is that I sort of was a Wizard once, and it was sooo cool. I have the story on my message board. I believe the instructions are on this board in the SYWTBAW section and "the Oath" topic near the end. If you can't find it, tell me and I'll give you further instructions on this topic, ok?

~Rad
        O'Reiley:If the good Lord...
        Fawlty:Is mentioned once more I will bring you closer to him!
        -Fawlty Towers, The Builders (not exact quote)

"You were meant to live large
        C'mon take charge
        Let's go light the world up
        Let's not wait until the end
        To be the things we wished we'd been
        You were meant to live life
        C'mon let's fly
        You're a Super Trouper spotlight
        We're going to jump on the count of three
        Here it comes now
        1 2 3 Jump!"
        -Superchic[k], Super Trouper

*Dai'Stiho*
        ~Rachel

Comment

Well, on the one hand I would take the offer. Absolutely. I felt that way when I first read the book, and I haven't changed my mind.

However...I have the sneaking suspicion it would be a huge mistake for me to be given anything approaching power. Let's just say I would have serious difficulty making some of the choices that might be necessary - or rather, making the right choices. So, I'd take the offer alright. But I doubt it would be made.

"Think how much worse it would be if life was fair, and all the awful
          things that happened to us happened because we actually deserve them. I for
          one take great comfort in the completely impersonal hostility of the
          universe."
          "Think how much worse it would be if life was fair, and all the awful
          things that happened to us happened because we actually deserve them. I for
          one take great comfort in the completely impersonal hostility of the
          universe."

Comment

I don't have much in the way of religion, but what I do have looks suspiciously like something DD wrote about...

I sure wish it was real.

Would I accept? Heck yes.
            I just worry that I might have too dark a personality. Easily corruptible, perhaps. I do have a 'bright boy' reputation, though. Hard to say which way I could go.

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
            'Mancer
            Foam Poet

Comment

Nothing constricting me either...

Of course I've wished it was real!

I'd accept. Problem with that is that I'd always be working towards what I feel is right- which may or may NOT be what the Powers planned... Yeah, I'd be easily corrupted too..

Kitsune Rei
              Beware- looks can be deceptive...

Comment

Well, Aurora, probably if your ideas and priorities were so different from those of the Powers, you wouldn't have been offered the Oath....the Powers use wizards as proxies, but they let the wizards make their own decisions.
                T
                PS: OK, OK, go to chat. for about 2 seconds.

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Funny thing is, though I wish it was real, I wouldn't accept. As was warned, a hard life is what comes from it, even though there are a lot of good things.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
                  PART OF THE PROBLEM, Nita thought as she tore desperately down Rose Avenue, is that I can't keep my mouth shut.
                  -Diane Duane, So You Want To Be A Wizard
                  ---
                  Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

Who wouldn't wish magic was real?

Rad and Bryan: Yeah, I know how you feel. My dad's a devout Christian and he used to think the Harry Potter books were evil until my mom convinced him otherwise. I think that's the only time I've ever really appreciated my mom's eccentricity.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                    I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                    I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                    For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

To be able to slow down the entropy of the world! visit places like the moon! And just to be a wizard would be worth the hard life.Personally I dont know if it really would change your religion that much, but I do know I can relate to having pressures from the rest of the family!

Comment

My choice would definately be yes. A harder life is no obstacle to the awareness of existance surrounding one, everywhere you look a world filled with life, everything living out it's life, doing it's duty as an entity. What fun t'would be...

Comment

Stopping the Lone Power and slowing down entropy. Not to mention being able to understand and talk to all sorts of different creatures and visiting other worlds! Of course i'd accept. Sure, it would be difficult and my parents would probably pitch a fit, but think about what you can do....

calliope- the greek muse of epic poetry and song

"I saw eternity the other night
                          Like a great ring of pure and endless light
                          All calm, as it was bright
                          And round beneath it, Time, in hours, days, years,
                          Driven by spheres
                          Like a vast shadow moved, in which the world
                          And all her train were hurled"
                          H.Vaughan
                          Metaphors be with you.

Comment

hi, I just finished checking my copy of sywtbaw to see if it turned into the manual, so yes, definitely

Comment

OK so apparently everybody wishes it were real. Now, what kind of magic would you rather have: the YW kind or the Harry Potter kind of magic?

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
                              Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
                              Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
                              Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.
                              Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl
                              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X