I just started reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just started reading

my sister got the boxed set of 4 of the books in the series. I was reading another book and it usually takes me awhile to read since I don't read much. I finnally started "So You Want To Be A Wzard" Yesterday and I am so interested that I'm reading like every second now! My sister is on "A Wizard Abroad" The books are awesome!

~Golden Dust~

Comment

It's called Box Of Wizardy I think...It has 4 of the books in it. I know there is more...but this one had four

~Golden Dust~

Comment

Welcome to a whole new world!

Comment

Comment

yess, my mistake, It was a three book set, my sister bought the fourth one...sorry!

thanx

~Golden Dust~

Comment

When I first got So You Want To Be A Wizard, all my siblings did that day was pop jokes about how I wanted to be a wizard. (secretely, I think we all do.) I think it all really came from me being a Harry Potter freak for so long.

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love to breath." -Harper Lee

Comment

*is a little bit late, but* Welcome anyway! Enjoy reading them the first time... *is envious* I'm not one of those wierd people who never re-read books, but I think that a book's different the first time you read it- just becasue you don't know what happens. You get a lot of stuff the second (and third, and fourth, and fifth) readings, but there's this sense of anticipation you don't get so much.

Wizardgirl- They were just joking cause they were jealous! I agree with you, i think everyone wants to be able to do this kind of stuff- and there's teh idea that wizards, DD's version, are pretty special people in their own right. We'd all like to think that about ourselves- and to be able to do magic!
                Hmm, now I feel like that poem "The Volunteer." Oh, how comforting. Not. (The poem is by Herbert Asquith. WWI poetry. Great imagery, hate the message. Why? read it and find out.)
                Ka Kite
                Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                STRESSING
                She Who Is Supposed To be in Three or Four Places At Once every Lunchtime for the Next Two Weeks.
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by WizardGirl99:
                  When I first got So You Want To Be A Wizard, all my siblings did that day was pop jokes about how I wanted to be a wizard. (secretely, I think we all do.) I think it all really came from me being a Harry Potter freak for so long.

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love to breath." -Harper Lee
                  It would be cool to be a wizard. They are probably just saying these jokes becuase they think it is interesting and want to read it too; like birdhead said

Thanks birdhead

~Golden Dust~

Comment

I just found that poem online, Birdhead, and I agree with you. Though if one must do such things, I suppose it's better to find some honor in them.

Murmurings

Comment

I loved the books and cant wait for the next one! Any idea if DD plans to do more after the next book?

Comment

Yeah, she's publishing two new books,Wizard's Holiday (in October) and Wizards at War. There's an excerpt on the website.

Footsteps in the snow
                        suggest where you have been,
                        point where you are going:
                        but where they suddenly vanish,
                        never dismiss the possibility
                        of flight....
                        -Book of Night With Moon, xi, v.3

Comment

Quill- well, that's true. It's scary to see how it can be so...appealing, and not just to the author, but to the reader. It strikes a chord, and it's... again, it's frightening to see how well it fits in with me, and what I want, and even what I read. It's not somehting I really want in my personality, that desperate desire for glory, and more, and excitement. I hope I would have more sense, thoguh, than to wish for it by war. I suppose it's what everybody craves.
                          ka Kite
                          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                          ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Hundreds of years of literature are bearing down on us, feeding us with the idea that such things bear glory. It's the old battle against evil. Unfortunately, fighting--these days particularly--is rarely so clear-cut.

Glory after death is little use to those who die, I always think, but the knowledge that one's death is useful, rather than meaningless or wasted, has a certain attraction. Ms. Duane understands this very well--which is one of the reasons we love her stuff!

Murmurings

Comment

This is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY late but oh well. DAI STIHO! Speaking of SYWTBAW has anyone noticed the thing at the front of the book that talks about everything not being perfect? I've only read it twice but both of those times it was different i was wondering if it had happened to anyone else.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

Working...
                              X