Pseudo-Timeheart...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pseudo-Timeheart...?

What exactly is the place Dairine went to at the end of the book? The place where the mobiles were?

It can't be Timeheart because Logo specificly said it wasn't...

"Don't mistake this for Timeheart. This is just an Anteroom - a portal area"

So does anyone know what exactly it is...?

Editing topic title - Peter

I think the mobiles were curious about Timeheart, since they may not dream about the real one. (They may not dream.)

So they built a virtual Timeheart. But where does the Wellakh area come from? Is it from Roshaun's visit? Did they get it from his mind, his dreams of what Wellakh might have been if the flare had never happened? A Wellakh on which wizards wouldn't have to fear assassination, as he and Nelaid have had to?

It refers to "his idea of perfection, the place of his desire", but it also refers to it as "the image of a Timeheart within a Timeheart" - so maybe the mobiles have created a virtual entrance to allow them to visit Timeheart, and it wasn't the mobiles that created the Wellakh area after all.

Thinking while you're typing posts is probably a mistake . But now I think I've got it - the mobiles built themselves a virtual entrance to the real Timeheart, and Dairine went through it to Roshaun's part of Timeheart. And he wasn't there - because he's not dead.

I hope that's it.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I hope that is too, because that was confusing enough!
      Never do homework whilst typing, either!
      Ja, nice job.
      When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

I thought that it was a dream created from what Dairine remembered about Roshaun's world from the mobiles. I thought that they felt her sadness and decided that since they knew whatever they knew that they should give her hope or something. I guess that it's just something else to speculate about...
        I'm a happy person. Do you know why? Because happiness is an excuse everyone understands. Life is full of surprises, but happy people takes them in stride.

Comment

O...kay... I won't...?
          But why would they create a fake dream for her, though? That's just leading her on, not giving her hope!

Comment

Yeah, um, hedwig? Your signature is REALLY FREAKING PEOPLE OUT. We're really not mean, so we're not going to say anything nasty to you. In fact, just having that sig is practically inviting not-so-fabulous comments-- um, are you trying to pick a fight? Because you seem like a perfectly okay person, but that sig *shiver*--it's scary! Just a thought.

Alethia-- I must say I agree. I doubt that the mobiles were leading Dari on--she's their "mother"! Perhaps they were just showing her what was up, saying "this is what we know for sure now, so don't lose hope, we'll help you sort this out!" Or the like. Yeah.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Oh, wow, LOL, it took me a minture to realize that that was her signature- you guys don't have a line marking the end-of-message from the signature. Agh, confusing!
              And thanks, Alida. And I agree with your second take on it. That sounds a whole lot more likely.
              But, of course, I'm still hoping that it was just real, period!

Comment

Well, I guess I meant that it was "real" in a sense--as in, the mobiles were showing her what they were SURE was really going on, but they couldn't actually take her there so they "made" her a psuedo-timeheart just to inform her. So I guess you could say it was real. Or so we'd like to think, as you said

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Yes, that's what I thought you meant.

Comment

I really hope it was the mobiles showing Dairine that Roshaun is still alive...I keep re-reading that part, trying to figure it out! I really want Roshaun to be alive! At first I hated him, but now I love him!
                    Roshaun & Dairine are meant to be

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Murray:
                      I think the mobiles were curious about Timeheart, since they may not dream about the real one. (They may not dream.)
                      So they built a virtual Timeheart. But where does the Wellakh area come from?

Thinking while you're typing posts is probably a mistake . But now I think I've got it - the mobiles built themselves a virtual entrance to the real Timeheart, and Dairine went through it to Roshaun's part of Timeheart. And he wasn't there - because he's not dead.

I hope that's it.
                      Okay, I think I like that idea - a virtual entrance into Timeheart.
                      Questions:
                      1. Why, exactly, can't mobiles dream? Dreaming requires creativity? They are sentient and thinking, after all. But being programs, need outside creative input. Is that the reason?
                      2. So what, then, is their virtual entrance into Timeheart? A role-playing game? It seems to be the closest analogy I can think of at the moment.
                      3. The reason for it - to sort of guide Dairine into the connection with Roshaun and his current state of being - okay, I like it. The reason of Dari appearing there, at least.

So - what do you think?

Comment

Well, for humans, dreaming is supposed to have something to do with processing your memories, but I don't remember what. So people dream about what they did or thought about that day. (Sometimes the connections are a little hard to find, though.)

Maybe the mobiles have a better way of processing their memories, so don't need to dream.

*rereads the scene at the end of WAW* Does it say they don't dream? The only hint to that that I can see is that they tell Dairine she shouldn't be there, and she says the same to them, as if she doesn't think they dream, and they don't seem to understand that wizards visit Timeheart in dreams.

Maybe their pseudo-Timeheart is a more efficient way to get there at will than the dreaming method?
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Mirage:
                          What exactly is the place Dairine went to at the end of the book? The place where the mobiles were?

It can't be Timeheart because Logo specificly said it wasn't...

"Don't mistake this for Timeheart. This is just an Anteroom - a portal area"

So does anyone know what exactly it is...?

Editing topic title - Peter
                          I believe that when Logo said that he meant that the place where Dairine initially appeared was the ante room and then she went to the place on Wellakh which is Roshauns version of Timeheart so she really went to Timeheart which isn't impossible.

If Color Guard were any easier it would be called Drill Team.

"Aye! Avast!"
                          -Will Turner, POTC:Curse of the Black Pearl

Comment

the impression i got is that they had created a place between the real world and time heart to intercept them on the way there. I think their plan is to wait there, then go back to there own planet, since darine did say something about them not being imortal, and they said that they'd see about that. they can go to timeheart if they wanted to i think, in fact they take darine there, but i think they don't want to have to do so, have to die, and that's why they created that place. Who knows, it may work.
                            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                            X