Simularities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simularities

I noticed that the scean in which the gang is captured by the Lone Power is verry simulere to the scean when the charcters are captured by IT in A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
    ~~~
    No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

That is true, though I think that you can never get away from that kind of confrontation in fiction/fantasy/sci-fi anyways, and the simularities are just a testament to both authors' great skill.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Someone else noticed! I was thinking the exact same thing.
      Oops

Comment

Originally posted by AlidaART:
        That is true, though I think that you can never get away from that kind of confrontation in fiction/fantasy/sci-fi anyways, and the simularities are just a testament to both authors' great skill.
        I agree, exspelly since Wrinkle in Time is a popular childrens book tha t stood the test of time
        ~~~

Comment

i didn't really notice that, but it's been a while since i've read that book, or even seen the movie. I never read the sequal, either.... anyways, i think it's because that some theams are always repeating them selves. If you read enough books, you'll always know what's going to happen. Of course, how they get there, that's what's interesting. What i like about the YW serious is it doesn't seem to copy old theems, but there's bound to be some similarities.
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Originally posted by young reader:
            i didn't really notice that, but it's been a while since i've read that book, or even seen the movie. I never read the sequal, either.... anyways, i think it's because that some theams are always repeating them selves. If you read enough books, you'll always know what's going to happen. Of course, how they get there, that's what's interesting. What i like about the YW serious is it doesn't seem to copy old theems, but there's bound to be some similarities.
            What! There was a movie and a squal to A Wrinkle in Time?!?! I did not know that *going to public library site*
            ~~~

Comment

Yup campsoup, there's at least three more books in the Wrinkle in Time cycle: directly after the events of WiT is A Wind in the Door, then some time later, when Charles Wallace is fifteen, A Swiftly Tilting Planet (my personal favorite; I adore Charles Wallace). Then there's An Acceptable Time, which is about Calvin and Meg's daughter Polly, and The Arm of the Starfish, which also involves Polly and another character from one of L'Engle's other "cycles", Adam.

The movie was a made-for-TV deal with pretty bad special effects/production that was broadcast on "The Wonderful World of Disney" a few years ago. It has Gregory Smith as Calvin, Katie Stuart as Meg, along with a very creepy but oddly fitting David Dorfman as Charles Wallace. The actors look nothing like what you might picture the characters from the descriptions in the books, but they all give great performances and really seem to capture the essence of the characters, which is what really matters in the long run.

Fairly recently the movie was released to video/DVD. It's available at most video rental stores (at least, it's available at my local artsy movie place, but I bet it's at the mainstream ones too. I've never looked, considering that I taped the original broadcast).

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Originally posted by AlidaART:
                Yup campsoup, there's at least three more books in the Wrinkle in Time cycle: directly after the events of WiT is A Wind in the Door, then some time later, when Charles Wallace is fifteen, A Swiftly Tilting Planet (my personal favorite; I adore Charles Wallace). Then there's An Acceptable Time, which is about Calvin and Meg's daughter Polly, and The Arm of the Starfish, which also involves Polly and another character from one of L'Engle's other "cycles", Adam.

The movie was a made-for-TV deal with pretty bad special effects/production that was broadcast on "The Wonderful World of Disney" a few years ago. It has Gregory Smith as Calvin, Katie Stuart as Meg, along with a very creepy but oddly fitting David Dorfman as Charles Wallace. The actors look nothing like what you might picture the characters from the descriptions in the books, but they all give great performances and really seem to capture the essence of the characters, which is what really matters in the long run.

Fairly recently the movie was released to video/DVD. It's available at most video rental stores (at least, it's available at my local artsy movie place, but I bet it's at the mainstream ones too. I've never looked, considering that I taped the original broadcast).
                THANK YOU! I did not know that. I just put them on hold at the public library.

***UPDATE***
                I just finished reading "A Wind in the Door" and I did not realize how intest the book is I cant belive I read (and understood) "A Wrinkle in Time" when I read it in Middle/Elementry School (dont recall when I first read it)
                ~~~

Comment

Working...
                X