Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nita and Sker'ret (?!) (again, cause I messed up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nita and Sker'ret (?!) (again, cause I messed up)

Hi guys...accidentally started a topic meant to be in here that I put in the speculation thingy. So I'm reposting it here. Sorry. Yeah.

I deleted the other one, so now it's not even a hint that anything happens -- Peter

Anyone notice something weird going on between Nita and Sker'ret?
    I quote from p. 241 of my W@W book: "Underneath her, something hard and edgy moved, or tried to. 'Nita,' a muffled voice said in the speech, 'could you please get off me before we accidentally become more than just good friends?'"

And then later it happens again. During the fight at the crossings (p. 301)

...Something going on? Hinting at something? Or just odd falling on Nita's part?
    Hmm... ;D

I take the joke to mean that if Nita fell onto, say, Kit, she'd immediately know what part of him to scoot away from, even if it took a few seconds to pick herself up completely. But with a non-humanoid, not only would she have no clue about the significance of whatever she was in contact with, it probably wouldn't even occur to her to worry about it.

So I'd say it's deliberate (but platonic) teasing that he intentionally misconstrues her complete innocence of that kind of thought as if it were the exact opposite. Come to think of it, he'd know he could make that joke to the same effect no matter where she landed on him, since the whole point is that she doesn't know, so she can't prove she *isn't* on a sensitive area.
    Ardub
    r:w)

Comment

I think that he's just kidding about that....

and I agree with the person above me(window is blocking your name and I'm to lazy)

or maybe its just kinda acward having an alien falling on you and ya... you guys can make up the rest

Dai!
      ~*If Time Has A Heart, Its Only Becuase Other Hearts Stop*~

Comment

Here here to the two above, and I thought it was as much as anything else comic relief during some tense moments
        Vote Tom and Carl for new Planetaries!

Comment

Yup! It's purely comic relief in a very tense part of the book, showing that Sker'ret are close enough (and different enough) to joke about that sort of thing. Ardub hit it on the head, there, whatever the head was. Ouch.
          When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

i think it was part humor, since sker'ret knows she doesn't feel that way about him, but it was also part serious, since that may actually how they might "become more then close friends" just my impression though.
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I like a lot, and agree, with what Ardub said.
              And this is both teasing, and we don't know what - but with friends, the teasing is understood, and the comic relief there was seriously needed. And what their relationship is - we know they are friends, real friends - when Nita offered her house to Skerr'et, if he needs it, and having gone, together, through what they did at Crossings - this strengthens the ties between them. And, again, the comic relief... )

Comment

I agree with ardub.
                yr, it is so no hint. when exactly would that startup??
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Im thinking something here, and i never thought about it before. If and IF only when things are partly back to normal after the last book, and if Sker'ret is still having huge problems with his family maybe he might consider and perminant shape change to human form?? maybe, wild idea I know but stranger things have happened
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I think that it was meant to be just humorous, but i also think that Sker and Nita will have a strong friendship.
                    http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/75as4.gif

Comment

If you're fighting a war, are stuck in a foxhole with another soldier, and shells are exploding over your head and you're trying not to get killed while returning fire, you're pretty stressed out. Anything that will relieve the stress and help you feel better is going to be welcome at a time like that. All you're going to care about is getting through this battle, and then the next one, so you can go home.
                      -----
                      Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
                      "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

The funny thing about wizards is that just about anyone can fall in love with anyone else due to their ability to shapeshift and share similar lives together.

That said, I'm fairly certain Nita and Sker's relationship is entirely platonic
                        +++ATH0

Comment

i would have to agree and say it was commic relief. Nita is meant to be with Kit. I like the theory though!

Comment

Originally posted by starkruzr:
                            The funny thing about wizards is that just about anyone can fall in love with anyone else due to their ability to shapeshift and share similar lives together.
                            Also, I can't see a wizard falling for someone based on looks alone. And most of them have gotten beyond seeing aliens as anything other than people.

That said, I'm fairly certain Nita and Sker's relationship is entirely platonic
                            I agree.

Comment

I think it was comic relief. Really good comic relief too I laughed for about three minutes
                              Last edited by zilvox; September 28, 2010, 08:20:28 PM.
                              There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Working...
                              X